GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SA Grouping - Tunic, Breeches and Cap for Opinions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Grouping - Tunic, Breeches and Cap for Opinions...

Hi all. I came across this SA uniform grouping that I'd like to get some opinions on. The photos aren't great, but I think there is enough detail here for the experts. Pay little attention to the color of the tan cloth as some of these shots were taken by the owner under outdoor and indoor lighting. The shots you see of the tunic and breeches being held up for photographing likely represent the color most accurately.

Tunic

Breeches

Cap

Thanks!
    Dzyner

The kepi and tunic are both textbook original items. Shame about the mothing. Nice find!

Comment

Thanks mseagle. It really makes me sick to my stomach when I see moth damage like you see with the kepi and armband. If only they had stored it properly!

Comment

Textbook. Agreed that the moths are annoying. Nice uniform though.

Comment

Even with damage i love the kepi..sean

Comment

Yes, it's heartbreaking to see such moth damage. But a very attractive set; wonder what happened to the kepi bird?

Frohe Weihnachten,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
              wonder what happened to the kepi bird?

Frohe Weihnachten,

Br. James
              An aggressive moth species at work !

Comment

'Amen' to that, Andreas, and a Frohe Weihnachten to you and yours,

Br. James

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I struck a deal with the owner and it everything should arrive in a few days. Merry Christmas to me The owner mentioned that the white blob on the trousers in the photo of him holding them up is the tailors tag. Still attached after all these years. With any luck it'll have the original owner's name on it.

Question for everyone... If this was your set, what would you do about the mothing of the Kepi. Would you attempt to have the red wool professionally replaced or just add a correct eagle to the cap and leave it as-is otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by dzyner View Post
                    Thanks for all the feedback guys! I struck a deal with the owner and it everything should arrive in a few days. Merry Christmas to me The owner mentioned that the white blob on the trousers in the photo of him holding them up is the tailors tag. Still attached after all these years. With any luck it'll have the original owner's name on it.

Question for everyone... If this was your set, what would you do about the mothing of the Kepi. Would you attempt to have the red wool professionally replaced or just add a correct eagle to the cap and leave it as-is otherwise?
                    Leave it as time dictates but re apply an eagle, merry yuletide

Comment

No absolutely leave the kepi as is woolwise,add teh eagle just as LB suggests.

Comment

Hi all. Last week I posted a link to my website to share better photos of this set (I received it early last week), but the powers that be slapped my hand because I'm not a "paying sponsor". In all seriousness, I completely understand their reasoning, they have to be careful about who they allow to post uncompensated links in their forum. Running and maintaining a website isn't cheap so I guess I'll have to keep that in mind if I decide to post here in the future.

That being said, I really just want to share this great find with you guys. Here are a few of the photos I posted on my site. I have limited space in my photo sharing service, and it's such a pain uploading and copying / pasting links, so unfortunately I can't post as many shots as what I have on my site...

Thanks!
                        Dzyner

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X