• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks real

Looks fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Looks fine.

Many Thanks to the Chief Dr., Vid, and all the others who took the time to post their opinions. Its greatly appreciated. Im gtrying to get a pic of the bottom from the seller. When i do, ill post that as well.

Many Thanks to all,

hdmarley

Comment

Just saw this--I vote that it's a modern fake by a not very good artisan. Possibly the mold was made off an original bust but there was a problem in the nose area causing the distortion.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Not commenting on the size/width of the nose I make the following observation. I've seen my share of busts over the years and all have a common trait. The nose is never totally straight. It starts out at a slightly lower angle and then makes a small dive towards the tip. This one looks like it's totally straight.

Comment

if Hitler saw this , he would order piano wire

Comment

Originally posted by colt45s View Post
              if Hitler saw this , he would order piano wire
              ....LOL...let"s wait on the piano wire till we get more pics ,of bottom attachment ,perhaps?....

Comment

Hi,
                Here are 2 of mine not the same artest but original.
                Attached Files

Comment

Green, gray, black, unpatinated, dark brown, gold,staraight nose, crooked nose. Bla bla bla.

They all exist and more, the bust is correct and if its not by some offbeat reason the photo that would give it up is not here. The criteria applied by people here is not suited for these pieces.

Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Vid View Post
                    Green, gray, black, unpatinated, dark brown, gold,staraight nose, crooked nose. Bla bla bla.

They all exist and more, the bust is correct and if its not by some offbeat reason the photo that would give it up is not here. The criteria applied by people here is not suited for these pieces.

Whatever.
                    Well, yeah: You nailed that one.

Comment

I am going to post these up for the benefit of the detractors who commented on it. The piece is 100% original and sits on its original base as well. It is bronze and quite nice and of good quality.

It has become pretty common for people lately to poo poo good pieces like the forum is a game show or 50/50 ticket. I grabbed it at the Max show on setup.

Kris
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Everything looks right to me Kris

Comment

I've seen a few large Hitler prints that didn't capture his likeness very well or had proportion errors, so I don't doubt that artworks were produced and sold by artists that were not very good. This bust wouldn't be for my collection.
                              But I wasn't there when the busts were made, so I don't know when or by whom they were made. If you're satisfied, that's what is important.
                              The pair that Merdock posted look great to me, though.
                              Erich
                              Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
                                I've seen a few large Hitler prints that didn't capture his likeness very well or had proportion errors, so I don't doubt that artworks were produced and sold by artists that were not very good. This bust wouldn't be for my collection.
                                But I wasn't there when the busts were made, so I don't know when or by whom they were made. If you're satisfied, that's what is important.
                                The pair that Merdock posted look great to me, though.
                                Erich
                                Hi Erich,

I think that was the point and the criteria applied to some items does not work for others. We do however have ways to go about authentication such as process of manufacture and in this case its really easy when compared to others. So yeah, I am satisfied as its original and its bronze. ;o)

Best,

Kris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X