NSKK Traffic Service Arm Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK Traffic Service Arm Badge

Could someone tell me their opinion on this NSKK badge. I had a reliable dealer inform me that it is a copy because the markings and construction are wrong and the original should be hollow backed and never SS marked.

I would venture to say he is likely correct. If you look carefull at the corners (3) they have a place where a hole should be for the arm shield to be stitched on. The depressions are there, and the front details are decent, but the back marks like you say shouldnt be ss marked , and appears like it is a casting . If it would be like that being solid, I would say it may have been on a plaque, but would have holes and be flat , but I doubt it , since it has no screw holes to attach it, and it is rounded on the back edges , like a poured casting would be slightly humped up a little . For me its a no go. Lets see what the others say and if they disagree.
    Last edited by juoneen; 10-01-2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

This is a fake. Originals are not solid, but have a hollow back and the front has black paint.
      Originals always should be curved somewhat to fit the arm when sewn on! There do exist
      perfect fakes from these also (always being flat).
      In my newest book: about gorgets, one can see some (and also in wearing), however I did
      not show any reverse. Only fronts!
      Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 10-02-2012, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Fake for sure, SS marking is incorrect for this badge.

Mike

Comment

Carl , the dealer was correct on all counts ... it is a very bad repro .

Comment

A good one for reference.......

Attached Files
            RonR

Comment

Ron,

Thanks for posting what a real traffic badge looks like. That's way different than the one I've posted. I'm guessing the marks on the back were put there to make it look authentic.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X