HJ Shirt opinions sought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Shirt opinions sought

Bought this shirt from a WAF member a couple of years ago. Shirt looks spot on to me, but would like to double check and also check the insignia.
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

the shirt is fixed anyway by someone who has no knowledge of the HJ: with number 190 and brown shoulder-straps there never can be positioned another triangle then Nord Nordsee.
            So Sudetenland is nonsense!

Comment

Insignia appears original to me but has been restored IMO. The the pre 1938 pattern shoulder straps represent Bann number 190 Bann Niederelbe in the Nord/Nordsee Gebiet in 1934 to 1937 the period when the brown background HJ shoulder straps were in use. The Bann name was changed to Stade in a 1941 reorganisation, and remained that until 1942 when it was changed again to Bann Stade of the Nord/Osthannover Gebiet. The triangle or straps have been incorrectly restored to this uniform IMO as they do not match. I would suspect the triangle as this is one of the most commonly availible triangles. To be correct with those straps the shirt should have a Nord/Nordsee triangle. The armband does not look like a standard pattern HJ armband to me, but I've seen and own some strange looking HJ armbands that are period IMO. The triangle could be replaced with the correct triangle easily enough and make a nice representative uniform.

Source for Bann information, "Handbook of the Hitlerjugend" by W. Saris, and research by Garry M.

Edit Wim posted as I was writing, I agree completely with him, a fixed shirt by someone who does not know that Bann numbers and area triangles are corresponding.
              Last edited by Darin S.; 09-26-2012, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your opinions, i am sure you are correct.
                More opinions on the armband would be useful

Comment

The armband could be okay, just different than the standard pattern RZM H.J. armband. The Nord/Nordsee triangle is easy to find, a quick search showed several examples in the 100 Euro range, some higher some lower priced. If the triangle was replaced with the correct triangle it would be a good representative piece that's been restored. As it appears that it's already been altered by someone, replacing the missmatched insignia won't hurt the value. Just state the facts if sold on.

Comment

Thanks, appreciate your time

Comment

There was apparently an approximately 1" wide band of some sort on the upper right sleeve of this shirt. The area it once occupied on the sleeve is slightly discolored and has a groove down the center.

Does anyone have any idea what sort of insignia this might have been?
                      Last edited by Robert Jones; 04-19-2013, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Original shirt , replaced insignia, good armband ... but not RZM regulation pattern .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X