Porcelain Political Vase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porcelain Political Vase

I'm not sure which forum is best for this, but since the vase is not military, and is "NSDAP" I figured the best place was here. Anyway, this was a direct-family purchase by me, a few weeks ago. Came with a hoard of other fantastic items, but this, I have never seen. The marking on the bottom is a simple gold circle, with no writing. The vase stands about 7 or 8 inches tall.
    Attached Files

One more pic.
    Attached Files

Comment

That is really loud even by my standards, there are similar period examples out there and there are fakes as well. Got a chance and look's o.k, how is the swastika applied? looks different than the red field.

Comment

Never seen one like that before. Maybe an amateur/backstreet shop pot?

Comment

Not sure it makes sense really, pretty bad but not sure its bad enough to be good.

Comment

Thanks for replying, John. It IS authentic, that is beyond question. It was personally acquired by me along with a HUGE hoard of artifacts, including a MINT CONDITION Waffen SS M35 double decal helmet, about 100 badges and medals. Lots of dealers were contacted about this hoard, and tried to beat me out of it, but I prevailed! I will post pictures of the hoard when time permits. John: I think you're right: it was probably commercial "kitch" for sale at some rally or TR political tourist destination like Munich or Nuremberg.

Comment

Looks like an excellent example of 'Nazi Kitsch'. Can you tell if the circular marking on the bottom might have had the manufacturer info rubbed off?
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

It's rubbed off. You can only make out a gold foil circle, with no writing on it.

Comment

Not as discreet as Allach, I don't think I would be allowed it in the house

Comment

Yeah, Leutnant Schmidt: "Honey, I brought you some flowers." (Schatzi, Ich habe dich etwas Blumen gebracht)

Comment

i while back i had an coffe pott just like it..unfortunally no pics left after my HD died..

Comment

I'd love to see the helmet.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X