NSDAP tunic from 103rd ID estate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP tunic from 103rd ID estate

Were these worn without collar tabs and armbands? This is just as it was purchased from the estate sale. I have a newspaper article about this veteran and it mentions the large amount of souvenirs this soldier sent home. Thanks for any assistance you may have to further identify this tunic as my intention is to list it on the estand. Thanks, Brian McAtee
    Attached Files

NSDAP tunic

thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

NSDAP tunic

thanks again
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Brian,

The short answer to your question is "No, PL tunics were not worn without brassards or collar tabs." That being said, this appears to be a PL Tunic made under the 1939 revised uniform regulations, and if there are no signs of the removal of tabs or an armband, then my thought would be that this piece was 'liberated' from a tailor's shop, where it was either a display example or was awaiting the tailor's finishing touches of the addition of the proper tabs and grade of armband. A beautiful piece!

Br. James

Comment

Thanks

Thanks to you, Br. James, for your insight.

Comment

Thanks all, what about ballpark value?

Thanks to all that sent me a message, public and private. Clearly, not a difficult tunic to identify to those in the know. Would anyone wish to share a ballpark dollar value? I've had several forum members ask and I don't like to play the "make an offer" game because I know how that can go. I'd like to be able to at least give a ballpark for those inquiring. Many thanks, Brian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X