HJ Pole tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Pole tops

How often do the HJ dagger style pole tops come on the market? Or are they very rare to get hold of? Thanks.

In my experience they're rare, possibly in part because they have no swastika to attract collectors' attention. I believe I saw one some years ago on the Regimentals site but nothing recently.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by darrenbate View Post
      How often do the HJ dagger style pole tops come on the market? Or are they very rare to get hold of? Thanks.
      I found the example I owned on ebay de for around 150 Euro and recently saw one on mil 321.

Comment

150 Eur was a really good deal, Darin! The pole top at miliweb was not sold as I remember right.

Originally posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
        I found the example I owned on ebay de for around 150 Euro and recently saw one on mil 321.

Comment

this mine.

dsc08737-2ac6110.jpg

Comment

A beautiful HJ poletop, Gerome; thanks for sharing it! And the 'accessories' surrounding it form a fine selection of HJ collectibles. As I understand it, this poletop in the bayonet design was used for unit banners of both the HJ and the DJ, though there were other poletops in use for other types of flags at that time, one of which being the ubiquitous 'spearhead atop a globe or ball' design. Also unmarked with a swastika, this design of poletop -- or those similar to it in form -- was used for many of the other NSDAP organizational unit banners including the SA, NSKK, SS and NSFK -- all of these being at the level of banner below the traditional DE Standard, of course. Are there examples of these various poletops in the 'spearhead atop a globe or ball' design? Like the HJ poletop in the form of a bayonet, all of these were unmarked with a swastika and may have been overlooked by many a souvenir-collector around the world, though there must have been MANY of these poletops available to the post-war Occupation Forces. Should I start another thread on this question...?

Br. James

Comment

[QUOTE=GEROME;5392406]this mine.

Lovely topper, thanks for posting.
              I need one to complete my banner and flagpole setup. One day I hope to find a nice one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X