NSKK Standard Bearer's Armshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK Standard Bearer's Armshield

In Wilhelm Saris's new book..."Ringkragen und Brustshilder im Dritten Reich" , he explains the use of the NSKK Standard Bearer's Armshield.

Here is one of those Armshields.......

Attached Files
    RonR

Attached Files
    RonR

Comment

Attached Files
      RonR

Comment

Attached Files
        RonR

Comment

-9-
          Attached Files
          RonR

Comment

Ron - great collection of NSKK gorget/shield & insignia.

Comment

the smaller badge is not a standard bearer's armshield, but the shield to be worn when in service with the NSKK-Verkehrserziehungsdienst. The NSKK did not have a standard or flag bearer's shield at all!

Comment

Hi
                I don't think that is a standart bearer's armshield, it's the honour badge for the Verkehrs Erziehungsdienst.
                Nice things

Comment

the special NSKK badge was granted when NSKK personal had served well for six months "ehrenamtlich", which largely means unpaid.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                    the smaller badge is not a standard bearer's armshield, but the shield to be worn when in service with the NSKK-Verkehrserziehungsdienst. The NSKK did not have a standard or flag bearer's shield at all!
                    Wim,

Thanks for the correction!

Wish I could read German!

Best regards,
                    RonR

Comment

Can't you try to subscribe for a course?
                      I hope we will ever be able to bring an English version. But if so,
                      it will take some years before the publisher will decide to do so!

It would be great for you to know about the basics. That would help
                      (but only you, but also many of the other collectors of German TR stuff).

Comment

Ron, very nice collection , I really like the sleeve eagle.

Comment

Ron's items is one of the subject from my new gorget-book.

Comment

Wim,

It is a marvelous book (704 pages with hundreds and hundreds of photos), and I got a bit confused as I don't read German.

Here are the pages that explained the Armshield.....................
                            Attached Files
                            RonR

Comment

No problem you showed this to those that are interested, Ron. Thanks for the reverse photograph, as I was not able to include them as my number of pages was restricted to 704.

For more interest: the chapter about NSKK-Verkehrserziehungsdienst (VED = NSKK Traffic Education Service, existing from 1936 throught 1945), part of the NSKK chapter in the the book gives information and covers this VED gorget subject of this NSKK sub-organization with the pages 266 through 278 with 27 photographs (many in detail and use). Pages 279 through 282 do cover information about the VED arm shield with 9 photos and regulation parts).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X