Small Gold Wrist Locket w/ Jewel Swastika Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Gold Wrist Locket w/ Jewel Swastika Design

Picked this up along with an SA dagger from a guy whose dad brought it back from the war. Had a wrist band at one point, looks like one jewel missing and some damage to the suspension rings. Seems to be alot of this stuff out there in various forms, most seems to be pre-war. Any ideas?

Brian
    Attached Files

2nd
    Attached Files

Comment

This was a very popular good luck symbol in America before the war. Most material of this sort was made in the USA and has nothing to do with the Third Reich. I would be suspicious of the story that this was a WWII bring back, I don't rule it out but I might guess that the origin of this object has become obscured by time and that the associated family story may perhaps not be factual.

Comment

I agree with what Chris said 100%.....most likely nothing to do with the 3rd Reich (the locket, I mean!)
        John G.

Comment

Thanks for the help, area I know nothing about. Here is a link of similiar items that I found and kind of what I was going by. Can't speak as to these items or their provenance.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/art-de...jewels-103251/

Locket kind of reminds me of the Nazi poker chips. Easy to see why they would have thought it WW2 German, I sure did. Value maybe in the $50-75 range?

Brian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X