Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation on Diplomate Sleeve Insignia

Hello,

I purchased 2 sleeve insignia's from a dealer some time ago and was hoping to keep these but I have decided to focus my collection in a different area and put these up on e-stand. Before I do, I would ask for your professional opinion so there are no questions. I'm not an expert but somebody that appreciated the design of these patches.
    Thanks for your help.
    Regards
    Rudy

First is insignia for Pay Group B7 - B9.
    Attached Files

Pay Group B7 - B9
    Attached Files

Comment

Should have mentioned both patches have been cut off from the uniform which you can tell from the pictures.
      Attached Files

Comment

Pay Group B 3 b and 4.
        Attached Files

Comment

Pay Group B 3 b and 4
          Attached Files

Comment

The reverse shown here on the pay grade B 3 b and 4 is identical to the reverse of the first one I showed.
            Attached Files

Comment

Total rubbish, the workmanship is laughable

Comment

Originally posted by germanpolice View Post
                Total rubbish, the workmanship is laughable
                Herr germanpolice:
                This is a conclusion. Just exactly what is wrong with the workmanship? This appears to have not only period workmanship, but also period materials and construction.

How about treating us to some facts for once.

Comment

Thanks Gary. I was being patient hoping "germanpolice" would provide an example to compare with what he says is "rubbish". Like I said, I'm no expert and a little guidance would be very helpful. Plus, this thread could help many other people who might want to collect these type of patches. I do know there are a few variants on the patches and that is about it.
                  Regards
                  Rudy

Comment

This is a well known reproduction if you do a search they will come up and you will see the obvious differences, Gary nothing about this insignia is period, I dont know where you are looking to even think these are real. HERE is a REAL one

Last edited by germanpolice; 07-04-2012, 04:56 PM.

Comment

The workmanship on diplomatic insignia is very high quality. I don't own any diplomatic insignia but if you look at the quality of these SS tabs you will see the quality you should see in original diplomatic insignia.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by germanpolice View Post
                        This is a well known reproduction if you do a search they will come up and you will see the obvious differences, Gary nothing about this insignia is period, I dont know where you are looking to even think these are real. HERE is a REAL one

germanpolice:
                        You are comparing one hand embroidered insignia to another hand embroidered insignia. They are all unique. I fail to see how the one you posted is any better than the other one you said was rubbish.

By the way, what reference books do you have concerning diplomatic insignia?

Comment

Those fake insignias are not only laughable, but are downright goofy looking; those eagles look like squating square-headed no-neck gooney-birds; the sloppy loose bullion of the swastikas sticks out especially in the center, like a fat broad's belly; the overall horrendous workmanship doesn't resemble at all original superb 3dReich period bullion workmanship,- the loosely-woven ugly pcs of crap however, do represent current Pakistani endeavors.
                          Yes, you are right, hand embroidered bullion insignias differ slightly in their uniqueness; but these things posted are outta the ballpark.
                          Gary, what reference book are you using concerning Diplo insignias? I'm looking at pictures of 2 finely-embroidered originals on page 24 of The Phoenix Exchange Militaria Magazine Spring 1998, article "Uniforms: Diplo & Ministerial Offzs" by Jill Halcomb, & even tho the insignias differ a bit, they both exhibit the fine quality of 3dReich mfg, with no comparisons to those made-for-flea-market garbage posted.

Comment

Thank you gents for your comments. I'm satisfied now. I think this can be closed.
                            Regards
                            Rudy

Comment

Here is another real one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X