Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
    Hi Jack,

Yes I'm pretty sure it's a fake. From all these makers I came across examples with the original Bezitsurkunde. Exept from mm M1/70. Alreday for that reason I advice HJ collectors to buy only one such an example. The M1/70 is very fine made, probably genuine, but you never know.

All these badges have certain characteristics on the front and reverse. The badge showed here has a completely different way to mark the reverse and a horrible dot pattern. It's the first example of Karl Schenker that I'm aware of. Fake or original, never saw another before. All the others makers are common for many years now, and well known by most coolectors. So if suddenly such thing pop up from nowhere, I have serious doubts.

Concerning theVeteran stories. They are always difficult to judge. More then once the old men had a passion for military and bought extra souvenirs years after the war. It's not easy to find a clean untouched souvenir grouping.

Regards, Wim
    thanks for changing your opinion to pretty sure at least you are willing to doubt that its a 100 percent fake --- yes new badges do come up that havent been seen before fake ones and real ones i am going to stick by my opinion thats its one of the real ones that have not been seen before-- unless i could be proven wrong which you or the other fellow hasnt proved by your vague comments -- apprecitate your comments though good or bad and yes vets do add stuff to there bringbacks we all know that -- and yes i still believe we havent seen it all there will be lots of new discoveries in the colllecting field thats what makes it so interesting!!!

Comment

Then I give you one advice: You have to do what I did with the M1/52 Deschler badge. Years back almost everyone here on WAF said there were fake. (Stuart knows the story) It costed me about two years to find an example with a bezitsurkunde and this, togheter with a few comparings of the maker marks and research from a few advanced collectors/dealers, was at last solid proof these Deschlers were good.

If you ever come aross an example made by Karel Schenker, together with its bezitsurkunde, I will start to change my thoughts.

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

jack its your badge and if your happy with it and believe in it thats great.
        as wim said keep looking for more info on the badge and make people believe in it,until then ill stick to what makers have been proven.until its proven otherwise of course lol

Comment

HJ Honor Membership Badge

I want to thank all who participated in this discussion, and everyone that assists in this forum. You don't know how much you're appreciated and you don't get enough credit for the help and time you give us. Thanks Again

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X