Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A leather desk-album...what is it?

Dear all,

I recently obtained this decorative leather desk-album or correspondence-cover (sized: 39 x 29 cms.) showing a huge - and very detailed! - embossed (political model) eagle-device.

It is a 'high-quality' piece (and lined in 'silk') that most certainly belonged to a high-placed TR-official....

What is it exactly? Did anyone of you encounter a similar piece?
    All reactions are most welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Coco
    Attached Files
    Pls. have also a look at my web-site: www.hiscoll.com

sigpic

Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

I do not know about these, there must have been about 3 of them at last years S.O.S but they all had the leather strung borders or bindings. Had seen them in the past but never 3 of them.

This one is a little different and they are good quality with nice interiors. They do look nice but cant say much other than that.

Best,

Kris

Comment

I have seen such decorated desk folders in the past. I think they are called something like Schreibtisch Mappe made to hold stationary and envelopes or perhaps just correspondance. I would think such items are private purchase, otherwise some RZM identification would be required if the Hoheitsabzeichen d. NSDAP was used.

Comment

It certainly looks impressive

Comment

Various examples of such folders exist, and all appear elegant and attractive...like this one! Photos of the State Cabinet Room in the New Reichschancellery show a similarly-ornate folder at each seat at the conference table.

Br. James

Comment

I have one of these in my collection and can say that the leather workmanship is something else. They come up from time to time, not mega high ticket value but they are stunning and from the period. Ulric sold one a while ago http://www.ulricofengland.com/xcs/in...ow&ref=g090621 thats very similar to mine.

Not so easy to find them though.
              Attached Files

Comment

It has the green blotter inside,like the example sold by UOE
                Attached Files

Comment

And here are the details,skilled craftmanship.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The leather map-case

Dear all,

Thanks for the kind answers and interesting feed-back! Great

Best regards,

Coco

sigpic

Comment

Jon, we know your folder is political in nature due to the adler design. Some feel these folders were used by NSDAP Political Leaders or other party officials. Nice!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X