Gau Sudetenland Comemerative Badge Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gau Sudetenland Comemerative Badge Question

I have a photo album to a Heer RK General which I have owned for many years now. Of the many photos in the album a couple are of the General standing with a uniformed Party official who is wearing the Gau Sudetenland Badge. These particular shots are postcard sized and taken fairly close up. The Gau badge can be seen very clearly. My question is how rare are photos showing this Gau badge in wear?
    Last edited by Edward; 05-18-2012, 08:09 PM.

Hi Edward,

Since the Gau Commemorative Badge was the gift of each Gauleiter, I think it is safe to say that they ALL were rare...even if some hundreds were awarded.

Br. James

Comment

In answer to your original question, although the badge itself is rare, photos of someone wearing it are not rare. SA Stabchef Schepmann is the most notable wearer of the Badge as is Konrad Henlein. So unless you have a unique photo of a rather high ranking and well known individual actually wearing it, these are common photos.

Mark Costa

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Costa View Post
        In answer to your original question, although the badge itself is rare, photos of someone wearing it are not rare. SA Stabchef Schepmann is the most notable wearer of the Badge as is Konrad Henlein. So unless you have a unique photo of a rather high ranking and well known individual actually wearing it, these are common photos.

Mark Costa
        Hi Mark, thanks for the feedback. Good point on the rarity of the actual badge. Am familar with the known photos of both Henlein and Schepmann wearing the badge which can be seen on-line and in reference books. As they were both long standiing higher public officials it stands to reason that more photos exist of them. Although I am unsure just how many such photos exist showing the badge in wear as it was only around for a short period of time. I am not certain that the photos of the badge in wear would be rare or not, but certainly they are not common. Having collected photos in the past for many years I never came across any privately taken showing the badge in wear. Would venture that any showing the badge in wear would be at least scarce. Is it known how many were issued? Will have to dig out the album, but If I can recall correctly the photos show the badge in wear by an Ober-Gemeinschaftsleiter.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X