SA shirt on estand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA shirt on estand

Have we seen this one before? Different condition piping and metal devices, Sean
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...74#post5284074

It looks like the one from Manions last year that sold for around the same price as it's listed here on the Estand. Here's the photos from Manions of the shirt. Looks like the same one to me. Collar and collar tab piping look identical to me.
    Attached Files

Comment

The same humped up shirt with the bogus metal letters on the collar tabs. Gruppe staff members had stitched letters on thier right tab just as regular S A tabs have numbers stitched. Attached the tab of a staff officer from Gruppe Alpenland.
      Attached Files

Comment

Shirt

I agree.

Comment

junk,there are a few of these exact ones floating around.

Comment

Please share your knowledge gentlemen...?

It would be nice if you could share your proof and knowledge around this, I was not aware of this discussion and would certainly have been grateful if someone could come up with anything like proofing; I certainly HATE what´s not authentic, so I am a bit disturbed by this really. In other words; is this a fake, and what´s is it to proof it? Hope to hear from you, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by misternorway View Post
              It would be nice if you could share your proof and knowledge around this, I was not aware of this discussion and would certainly have been grateful if someone could come up with anything like proofing; I certainly HATE what´s not authentic, so I am a bit disturbed by this really. In other words; is this a fake, and what´s is it to proof it? Hope to hear from you, thank you.
              Read my post again. Your shirt does not conform with ANY known original examples. The reasons have been put forth. In this case, it is up to you to prove that your shirt is not a put together piece. Produce either original orders allowing the use fof metal cyphers or period photographs of them in use. This is another case of an error being made by not owning or consulting a reference book on the subject. Don't blame the messenger. Blame the source from which you bought this.

Comment

Shirt

1. There have been a few SA junior officer brownshirts popping up in the last couple years, and at least a few shirts with this similar configuration (Red Staff tabs w/ piping, metal Letters "Ho", etc.) When it was pointed out that the 1st one to pop up was NOT regulation, later, another one popped up that conformed to regulation. There ARE several photos showing metal numerals in use by the SA, but this is very rare. Metal Gruppe abbreviation letters WERE worn, but they were tiny, and only used when a particular rank officer was a commander. They were worn in the lower corner below an oak leaf, as I recall. In the past SA bicolor piping wasn't reproduced much, but nowadays, even that is being reproduced with effective results. PS: SA jr. officer brownshirts are VERY rare, and just the fact that a couple of them so similar hit the market, is EXTREMELY suspicious. Couple this with the fact that so MANY SA brownshirts are post-war assembled, but usually with original parts. In the case of these "Ho" Staff shirts, mOST if not all the components are fake. Run as fast as you can.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X