Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wallet of a DAF Man - Very nice

Hey all,

so here is a very nice Wallet. Its come from an ex DAF member and was a findinge of a friend of me.

I told him that i will show it to you all. I love that wallet and i dint see any one like this before.

Hope you enjoy!

Greetings Elena

Hi,

No wanting to cause any trouble, but it appears that in the search for items to grab money from easy-believing collectors, a bunch of crooks has recently found a new area of collecting: wallets and other personal objects like cigarette cases et cetera.

Seek an old wallet (or actually whatever item), add an original third reich small piece of a certain organisation (like here the DAF buttons) et voila: you have a superrare personalised item.

I hope yours that came directly from the vet self has some kind of provenance, instead of "my friend found it", if not i would be very very suspicious.

Comment

Don't know if this is the real deal, I hope it for you, but those are not DAF buttons. They are RAD (Reichs Arbeits Dienst)

Comment

Yes it comes direkt from the vet.

Oh sorry i think RAD was the same as DAF...

My bad.

Comment

Hi Elena,

No, it is not the same.

DAF
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Labour_Front
          RAD
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichsarbeitsdienst

Regards,

Erwin

Comment

The buttons in this style were officially not even used by the RAD (Reichsarbeitsdienst), but by one of the many Voluntary Labour Services (which we call Freiwilliger Arbeitsdienst).
            The spade in this form one can find also on many belt-buckles.

And no, the DAF or RAD were not the same. From the FAD grew the RAD in 1935.

Comment

Actually they buttons from the FAD...not liking this piece...sorry...

Originally posted by MG-Freak View Post
              Don't know if this is the real deal, I hope it for you, but those are not DAF buttons. They are RAD (Reichs Arbeits Dienst)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X