Unknown Insignia ID Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Insignia ID Help

I have never been able to find out what this insignia is used for. It was removed from something. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
    Bob Hritz
    Attached Files
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Maybe a silly answer but I think this has something to do with a meeting with Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Meyer View Post
      Maybe a silly answer but I think this has something to do with a meeting with Japan.

Not silly at all. I have the same thought.

Bob Hritz
      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Isn't the original Deutschland Erwache concept based on the rising sun with a swaz on it? Kind of like this one on a police sports medal from 1934/36.

Comment

Bob,
          I had (sold it years ago) and early (1933/34) color artist drawn TR propaganda postcard that had a rising sun (with a Swazi in the center) coming up over a hillside with trees, etc. so I suspect it's somthing of that sort rather than having a Japan connection.
          Best,
          Fred Schaltegger

Comment

I've seen the same emblem many years ago, inside a shirt, just below the collar, at the neck ; I think it was a brownshirt, & always assumed it was a manufacturer's logo.

Comment

Oh ofcourse! I've seen labels like this in the past with a sun with a swastika but I could'nt remember where I saw those.

apparently I saw them in HJ shirts

Good one

Comment

I think that rising sun/rising swastika imagery was heavily employed in the early days as theatrically symbolising the start of a new dawn/start of a new order.

Interesting though that the patch originally posted displays both trees and mountains.

Regards,

David
                Attached Files

Comment

Wasn't the first HJ logo a sunrise -- the morning sun coming up over the horizon, the dawn of a new day, and all the imagery that that could bring?

Br. James

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X