SS-Reich 3 piece silverware set!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS-Reich 3 piece silverware set!

I know the SS-Reich come in a couple different fonts / styles but I think this style made by Roneusil is pretty standard. I picked these up on auction and really like the style of them to be period, but would like some thoughts from others!

Here is two other pieces for sale on dealers sites for reference:
    http://65.160.172.250/ss/ssc1010.html
    http://snyderstreasures.com/images/s...blespoonMM.jpg

Here is my set:

all genuine and nice

Comment

Originally posted by PHILBROWN View Post
      all genuine and nice
      Thanks Phil, I can only seem to find one or two examples of the web to give me more information!

Comment

Silverware

Good ones, IMO.

Comment

Charlie has a legit piece?...lol

Comment

Nice pieces. In his book, "Collectible Spoons of the 3rd Reich" (Trafford Publishing, 2009), Jim Yannes shows examples of four other patterns of SS-Reich-marked tableware, each different from yours in lettering, handle shape and maker-mark (p.128-35). The makers he shows are Wilhelm Muller of Berlin; Berndorf, the Krupp metalworks in Austria; LSF (unidentified); and an unmarked piece.

Br. James

Comment

ss reich

Noch etwas ohne Messer

Comment

Hi Mechaniker, and welcome among us! Very nice examples of mess flatware created for the 2nd Waffen-SS Panzer Division "Das Reich." They are of the same design and manufacturer as the example linked by joshlichty in the first note on this thread, as offered by Charlie Snyder. Your pieces are of stainless steel; I don't recognize the maker's mark logo, however. Perhaps others here have seen this mark?

Br. James

Comment

Using Snyder as a reference is asking for trouble...

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
                    Using Snyder as a reference is asking for trouble...
                    I would agree on a lot of things - but he also has some legit things, although I'd never buy from him.

--------

mechaniker, welcome to the forum and nice set of silverware... I sold my 3 piece set for $450.00 so that gives you an estimated value. Here is an updated photo just incase the ones below start to disappear as I see some are doing.

Best,

Silverware - SSReich .jpg

Comment

I´m selling same SS fork in this site : https://www.osta.ee/index.php?fuseac...fo&id=34859829
                      Last edited by saaremaa; 03-30-2013, 05:09 AM.

Comment

so, are all of the items shown here agreed to be original examples or is there any doubt on any of them?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X