Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA sports badge

Hi Guys!!
    Could you please tell me if this sportsbadge is a good one????
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!!
    -Nigel
    035.jpg

036.JPG
    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

[ATTACH]2188319[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2188320[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2188327[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2188328[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2188333[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2188334[/ATTACH]

Comment

Hi Nigel,

Yes, this is a fine example of a 2nd Issue SA Sport Badge, Silver Grade, and the number on the reverse indicates that it was a presented badge. Enjoy it!

Br. James

Comment

Knock it off nigel....(couldn't resist that one) This type of hinge is unusual for one of these , so i think it makes it even more desirable. I also give it a Now if we could just get a list of the sports awardees for the numbers , it would be even more interesting . I have few numbered ones, but prefer those type above all.

Comment

Thanks for the thumbs up guys!!
              Maybe its my over-light pics, but it hand it looks more bronze???
              -Nigel

Comment

looks ok to me..

Comment

I agree with juoneen -- the barrel hinge is indeed unusual on SA Sport Badges; they are usually found with a hinge made of a bent wire inserted through a retaining bar. This type of hinge certainly does make it more desirable! As to the color: from your pix it appears to be the Silver Grade...

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                    I agree with juoneen -- the barrel hinge is indeed unusual on SA Sport Badges; they are usually found with a hinge made of a bent wire inserted through a retaining bar. This type of hinge certainly does make it more desirable! As to the color: from your pix it appears to be the Silver Grade...

Br. James

I dont know what you mean or see - this is a normal and usual E.Schneider hinge !
                    The badge is original but with a half broken and a little bit more around crooked catch. Silver grade ? - no way with this number

Greetz Grave

Comment

Thanks to Grave for correcting me, and apologies all 'round for my mis-statement. I must have been thinking of Werner Redo instead of E. Schneider. Indeed, most of the SA Sport Badges I own in the First and Second Issue -- all three grades -- were made by Schneider and all possess the barrel hinge. That being said (and apologized for), I do believe that in an earlier thread there was a discussion of the number series' stamped onto the reverse of the First and Second Issue SA Sport Badges and that there was a general agreement that the number ranges were assigned to the various manufacturers by the SA sport leadership office and had no direct relationship to the grade of the badge it was applied to. In my collection are a First Issue Silver Grade badge bearing #222655 and a Second Issue Silver Grade badge with #616416; both badges are by Schneider.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X