Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sa caps original?

Hi,

I friend ask me my opinion on these SA Caps...but I have no idea, as I am not an expert on these.
    Any chance of both to be originals?

Thank you for your opinions

regards

photos now
    Attached Files

Comment

THE FRONTAL EAGLE ON THE LEFT CAP IS EASILY BENDING
      Attached Files

Comment

The kepis themselves look okay, but I don't like the non standard Tresse on either. On the kepi on the right, the Tresse is placed in the wrong position--it was not worn at teh top of the color band.
        If you were to remove the Tresse, it would leave the sewing holes in the cotton twill which would be difficult if not impossible to eradicate.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

I agree with Erich. I was also wondering about the M-1927 eagle on the kepi on the left -- would that early eagle have been worn on a late-model kepi, such as this example purports to be?

Br. James

Comment

Both kepis are period original but the tresse has been added on both. The quality of the tresse attachment is poor and also incorrect. Higher ranking
            S A officials who wore tresse on their kepi would have the cap manufactured with the tresse from the maker. The staff kepi has two different types of tresse with the vertical tresse improperly installed and the horizontal put on by an amateur. The orange top kepi has tresse at the crown which is total fantasy. It also is poorly applied. Two period pieces that have been ruined in order to gain extra profit.

Comment

I think a few of us with a little knowledge were confused with these kepis. I wanted to comment on the tresse but waited for others.

I think Bob and the guys above have answered it.
              Last edited by chrischa; 04-14-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Note how neatly the tresse is installed on a period Gruppe staff Standartenfihrer kepi.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Thank you all for your input.

It was a great help.It avoided to buy both Caps, and save money!

regards
                  Luis

Comment

Kepis

I agree that both are original kepis, and they BOTH look early mfg. I'm not so sure that the tresse couldn't be removed without ruining it. A very small, flat, STIFF paintbrush can be used on the wool to help cover the holes. Hopefully, the exposed wool hasn't faded, which would make it different than the wool under the tresse.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X