dark blue piped breeches info please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dark blue piped breeches info please

Last edited by chiffonnier; 08-30-2020, 12:59 PM.

The SA didn't use piping for the breeches. I think they're Imperial German Colonial Schutztruppe breeches.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

Last edited by chiffonnier; 08-30-2020, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Just a question: were Political Leaders' breeches ever piped with the same color as that of the collar tabs?

Br. James

Comment

Last edited by chiffonnier; 08-30-2020, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your follow-up note, kees; I too am sorry that no one responded to my last question. I've checked through Jeff Clark's excellent reference work, "Uniforms of the NSDAP," but there isn't much available in terms of the details of PL uniform breeches. Obviously, the thought behind my question was the possibility of your breeches being those of a PL on the Ortsgruppe level, but I guess we shall never know...

Thanks again, and every good wish,

Br. James

Comment

I couldn't find any definite information but I can tell you Political Leader breeches were not worn with piping, nor should they have a waist adjustment strap at the rear. That said, I think there are 2 possibilities--first, they could certainly be breeches worn during Schutztruppe veterans' events during the 30s. There were numerous occasions where the older Schutztruppen members could be seen in photos in the old uniforms, or (at the time) newly made uniforms during the 1930s. Second, they could be generic corduroy breeches to which piping was added for a display to go with a Schutztruppe tunic. They're definitely not made correctly to be Political Leader breeches.
              I haven't collected or researched much in the way of Imperial German uniform items for many years, but IMO this would seem to be logical.
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

Last edited by chiffonnier; 08-30-2020, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X