Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N.K.S.O.V Armband

Armband with a history.
    I believe Gav Koblintz Trier became Moselland in 1939.
    Note Patchover G.K.T.

Originally posted by der bingle View Post
    Armband with a history.
    I believe Gav Koblintz Trier became Moselland in 1939.
    Note Patchover G.K.T.
    Wow! I like that a lot. Never seen a modification like that before, but it is absolutely original and makes complete sense, IMO. Examples such as this are a great illustration of how different things were back then. So unlike the disposable economy of today. Back then, if something was no longer usable but could be repaired or modified, then it was done rather than disposed of. Thanks for posting this fine and unique example.

Actually, I think Gau Koblenz-Trier was renamed Gau Moselland in 1942.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by tyanacek View Post
      Wow! I like that a lot. Never seen a modification like that before, but it is absolutely original and makes complete sense, IMO. Examples such as this are a great illustration of how different things were back then. So unlike the disposable economy of today. Back then, if something was no longer usable but could be repaired or modified, then it was done rather than disposed of. Thanks for posting this fine and unique example.

Best regards,
      Tom
      Thanks Tom for your kind and also educated comment. both dates , 1939 and 1942 came up in two different articles. i picked the 1939 date because of the pre war quality of the metal badge. its marked very nicely with rzm and maker number.........of course i just realized that the band could have been made before 1939 and the alteration made in 1942. regards, Carl

Comment

Carl,

That is a great armband!

Thanks for letting us enjoy it!

Best regards,
        RonR

Comment

Best regards,
          Tom
          Thanks Tom for your kind and educated response. 1942 it is! regards, Carl and Erich Lee

Comment

Originally posted by RonR View Post
            Carl,

That is a great armband!

Thanks for letting us enjoy it!

Best regards,
            Thanks Ron, there are so many really great pieces on this wonderful site , that we are happy to know that we chimed in a bit. thanks again, Carl and Erich Lee

Comment

Not 1939 or 1942, but actually January 24, 1941 it was that Gau Koblenz-Trier der NSDAP was renamed on orders of Adolf Hitler with an immediate entry into Gau Moselland der NSDAP.
              This was announced with decree V1/41 in the "Verordnungsblatt der Reichsleitung der NSDAP", Nr. 217 from February 1941

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                Not 1939 or 1942, but actually January 24, 1941 it was that Gau Koblenz-Trier der NSDAP was renamed on orders of Adolf Hitler with an immediate entry into Gau Moselland der NSDAP.
                This was announced with decree V1/41 in the "Verordnungsblatt der Reichsleitung der NSDAP", Nr. 217 from February 1941
                Hello Wilhelm,

Thanks for looking up that primary source.

Best regards,
                Tom
                Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hello Wilhelm,

Thanks for looking up that primary source.

Best regards,
                  Tom
                  Thanks Wilhelm......Carl and Erich

Comment

Nice Armband Carl, I learn something new everyday!

Thank you,
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Rommel1933 View Post
                      Nice Armband Carl, I learn something new everyday!

Thank you,
                      Scott
                      Thanks again Tom and Wilhelm. sometimes it takes a team effort to acomplish something!...thanks for the complement Scott......Carl and Erich

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X