Adolf hitler silverware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adolf hitler silverware

Hi gents, I'm proud to show you my new entry...
    Thanks to Chris for this really nice and unique "gift".

These are for me some of the nicest forks and knives of the AH silverware I've ever owned and seen on market.

I've also seen that there's a page on Griffith's book "Liberated Adolf Hitler memorabilia", but nothing more about these fine pieces.

If someone have some more info about I'll be happy to know them!

(Here the link of the original discussion:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ler+silverware )
    Attached Files

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
    - THE SS TK RING
    - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
    - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
    - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Some more pictures....
    Attached Files

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
    - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Attached Files

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
      - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Attached Files

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
        - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Last...
          Attached Files

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
          - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Hi Antony,
            apparently fine stuff but I've a doubt about the maker mark that should be engraved by Bruckmann.

http://www.silvercollection.it/germa...rk22.html#Bruc

It seems to be not one among those who Bruckmann used. Could anyone confirm my opinion or not?
            Val

Comment

Nice, but too obscure for me.

Comment

Posted twice, here's another link aboth the same silverware...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=441st

Seems to be that a lot of people know this pattern and also like it!

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
                - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Nice pieces, Anthony! From what you've shown us, the individual pieces look like they may have come from two different but similar sets or services. The oakleaf motif at the base of the blades or tynes is different among the pieces; some are more elaborately decorated than others. As you mentioned, the only reference to this pattern/these patterns that I have seen is in Dr. Griffith's revised book, which purports to include "Volumes I & II" plus "additional 'liberated' items," published in 1986. In his "Miscellaneous" section he provides just two pix of items in these patterns, together with the caption: "Intertwined A and H stylized .800 silver from the Berghof. More on this pattern in Volume III." To my knowledge there has not (yet) been published a Volume III. Checking with Jim Yannes' fine reference books on TR flatware, he shows no example of these patterns -- though I believe his books only show and describe tableware that he actually has in his own quite comprehensive collection. But he does show examples of maker marks that seem to resemble the ones on your pieces, and he tells us that this maker mark represents the Vereinigte Silberwarenfabriken of Düsseldorf. Hope these comments are helpful to you.

Br. James

Comment

I had never noticed the subtle difference in the design, good spot. 

Dr Griffith also, I believe, has an engraved pistol in the same style as this - which I think was probably part of a whole 'gift set'. I will try to get a photo. 

Anyway, thanks for the additional information BRJ. 

Comment

Thanks Br. James, I've chacked in my book and it is for sure this maker: Vereinigte Silberwarenfabriken of Düsseldorf.

So it's a mistake believe these pieces where produced by Bruckmann.

I post a picture that show the same design of the maker mark (and also the style for the Rudolf Hess silverware is very close to the Adolf Hitler I posted).

I think also if there are different marks it's possible that different sets were produced for the Berghof, not only one!...
                      Attached Files

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
                      - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antony.s View Post
                        Thanks Br. James, I've chacked in my book and it is for sure this maker: Vereinigte Silberwarenfabriken of Düsseldorf.

So it's a mistake believe these pieces where produced by Bruckmann.

I post a picture that show the same design of the maker mark (and also the style for the Rudolf Hess silverware is very close to the Adolf Hitler I posted).

I think also if there are different marks it's possible that different sets were produced for the Berghof, not only one!...
                        Antony, this pattern is surely made by Vereinigte Silberwarenfabriken of Düsseldorf but the other one has a different unknown maker mark. You say "different sets were produced for the Berghof, not only one!.." but we have read in this thread that probably these silverware sets were a gift presented to Hitler ( and Hess ) as usually in those times but not necessary for be used in the Bergof. Most probably never used!

Comment

Are you sure they was never used? NO.
                          Are you sure they was a gift for Hitler? NO.
                          Are these fine original UNQUESTIONABLE pieces? YES.
                          Does they came from Berghof? YES.

For me "the rest is just details".

Just to complete the thread here's a link in wich you can see the other, as you said, "different UNKNOWN MAKER"... This is not unknow, is simply the same: always Vereinigte Silberwarenfabriken of Düsseldorf. It was really common that a firm used 2 or more marks.

http://www.fineartemporium.com/AR-09-Flat-Dus8.htm

Have a nice day!

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
                          - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

CPB wrote:
                            "7. Silverware
                            These pieces are part of a larger haul brought back by an artillery guy, who was assigned to the 3rd Infantry Division - and prior to that the 45th Infantry Division. They were very likely a gift set given to Hitler, as they also came with a pistol bearing the same style of engraving. I don't have the pistol sadly...would be a neat item to have....

Again, these came from the tunnels under the Berghof. I would doubt they were ever used, but you never know. They do show some wear."

I've simply written what I read and learned in the following thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...verware&page=2

The tunnel is not properly the dinner room of the Berghof

About the maker mark, sorry, but I don't think that the second one is a variation of the first one. It was sufficient to change the order of the symbols to attribute it to another maker.
                            Val

Comment

Originally posted by valsente View Post
                              About the maker mark, sorry, but I don't think that the second one is a variation of the first one. It was sufficient to change the order of the symbols to attribute it to another maker.
                              Val
                              ???? What means?
                              This is the same maker with the same simbols positions!
                              Both are property of Vereinigte Silberwarenfabriken of Düsseldorf.
                              Have a look at this picture.

How can you say they are in different positions? Don't you see that are the same?
                              2 way of mark the silverware both of the same maker.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by antony.s; 04-01-2012, 05:09 PM.

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
                              - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X