Political or Government Eagle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Political or Government Eagle?

Hello All, an associate owns this eagle, it was a vet piece from some years ago and he has asked me to identify it...I took a picture with my cell but it was a bit out of focus so I tried to sharpen it a bit, I would say this piece is about 3/4 the size of a police sleeve eagle, it is done on a brown background. Does anybody recognize this bird? My speculation is that it is related to the General Gouvernment....the eagle is not that glossy it is just the photo and I am noticing that it does look like a first pattern police cap eagle.

Any input would be appreciated,

John
    Attached Files

John,

My observation of the wreaths indicate an association with the police.
    The wings near the head also have an inward facing style and I would say fairly likely it would be for polizei.

Mil

Comment

Hello I have this eagle that looks like yours. I started a thread here and on War Relics and never got a good reply as to what it is. The eagle is stamped RZM 63. This should mean it is Political and not Police. It looks like both eagles are the same size. Kirby
      Attached Files

Comment

HI Kirby:

That is a great looking eagle!

I am truly curious what these birds were used for?

John

Comment

I like it fist type police eagle embroidered, could it possibly on faded black? my thoughts are it could well be from a pennent, would love to have closer photos of it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X