Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adolf Hitler bust marble dimensions

Hello Gentlemen,

I acquired a Hitler bust that needs a marble base. I would like to put a marble base on it that has close to the same dimensions as an original. I am hoping that someone here on the forum could tell me what dimensions the marble base would be from one in their collection.

My bust is approximately 17" tall and 9" wide. Also, what was the normal color of the marble for one so larger?

I have another Hitler bust (1:1) that has a orange marble base.

Also, I have a small Goering bust that has a green and black type marble base.

Please any information would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone with a Hitler bust of the same size with a double tiered base, who could give me dimensions of each marble tier, I would be very grateful.

John

Originally posted by John C View Post
    Hello Gentlemen,

I acquired a Hitler bust that needs a marble base. I would like to put a marble base on it that has close to the same dimensions as an original. I am hoping that someone here on the forum could tell me what dimensions the marble base would be from one in their collection.

My bust is approximately 17" tall and 9" wide. Also, what was the normal color of the marble for one so larger?

I have another Hitler bust (1:1) that has a orange marble base.

Also, I have a small Goering bust that has a green and black type marble base.

Please any information would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone with a Hitler bust of the same size with a double tiered base, who could give me dimensions of each marble tier, I would be very grateful.

John
    Is it 17" tall without a base? That would be 2x Life with ease. You do not need a tiered base unless you want one, most of them were not tiered really and the Pagel's pieces for the most part are tiered.

If the bust is 17 x 9 with a base I would need the base measurements on that. If its 17" tall without a base you could use a 9 x 9 x 4 and your second tier as an 8 x 8 x 1/2-1".

You want these bases to be almost neutral, a standard black is fine or a piece with the veins running through it even better, kind of beat up after the show so forgetting the terminology but the emphasis should be on the bust and you do not really want to draw attention to the base over the subject piece.

Its really up to you what you want the piece to look like. I have a twice sized Hermann that is about 16 x 9 and I used a black 8 x 8 x 4 and when I look at it I see Hermann and not the base which is as it should be in my opinion.

Good Luck.

Kris

Comment

The bust itself is 17" tall and 9"wide from ear to ear. No base. I appreciate your help.

John

Comment

I will try to post pics next couple of days.

John

Comment

john , have you seen pic #13 in the SHOWS AND LOCAL CHAPTERS FORUM (show of shows just under 1 week away) post?..don't know if the bases are original ...maybe someone at the show can elaborate....i have a large AH bust on one tiere marble base ...will measure it later this morning ..it is black /white sreaked marble ..2 mounting holes ...maker marked on base ..is yours maker marked?....EC

Comment

pics1
            Attached Files

Comment

john, original black/white streaked marble base on my AH bust is5x5x3.25h inches...overal height is 15.5 inches ...hope this helps.EC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X