• Show
Clear All

1927 nsdap members book signature query

Just wondering if this is actual signed signatures as opposed to the later
    stamped signatures.

Cheers
    Andy
    Attached Files

It appears to be Schwarz's signature to me. Hard to tell from a photo, but I see cross-over and ink smudges.

Comment

What about the Hitler one?

Comment

Maybe- depends. He did sometimes sign books.
        That book is very rare-one of the first at the refounding of the party-that person was probably actually in the hall itself that night nad one of the few to get all three NSDAP medals.
        So, to whom did it belong? My guess is NSDAP # @ 10-15,000 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh View Post
          Maybe- depends. He did sometimes sign books.
          That book is very rare-one of the first at the refounding of the party-that person was probably actually in the hall itself that night nad one of the few to get all three NSDAP medals.
          So, to whom did it belong? My guess is NSDAP # @ 10-15,000 or so.

I think the signitures are both by hand, the book is around 25,000 but the price is

Comment

It might be worth it. The party was refounded on the last day of February, 1925...but the actual paperwork being printed, clerks being hired, buildings leased etc. took until late that summer (1925) and the backlog of paperwork was enormous. For early party members like this person, Hitler did occasionally sign membership books and there are pictures of him doing so and books out there with his personal note card attached.
            This guy entered the party formally in December of 1925 and his number was @25,000? That surprises me.
            They didn't hit 100,000 until two years later.
            Who was this person?
            I'd like to examine it in hand, but from what I see that looks like an ink signature.
            Hi Joe! Long time no see. Still got that amazing threesome party bar?

Comment

Thanks for the replies gents,yes he is in the 25000s,im not going to name him out of respect to the seller whos offering this to me.It also comes with his GPB Certificate..Could i have a approx value please as im not sure what these sell for.

Thanks
              Andy

Comment

In this number range -impossible to say. If its a Gauleiter or SA General...depends upon who this person was.

$15,000 ?

You NEVER see the pre 1927 party books and this might be the lowest numbered 1927 book I have ever seen outside of a museum.
                Last edited by McCulloh; 02-02-2012, 12:36 PM.

Comment

In this number range -impossible to say. If its a Gauleiter or SA General...depends upon who this person was.

$15,000 ?

You NEVER see the pre 1927 party books and this might be the lowest numbered 1927 book I have ever seen outside of a museum.
                  Wow, you are totally out of line with the price!! I have seen a similar pre 1927 book with GPB urkunde and matching GPB set and SA members card at the last Kassel show for just over €5000. And the GPB was in the 600 range
                  He is no general or anything flash 'just' a run of the mill early party guy. Now I doubt the seller will sell for anything reasonable as he has seen the price $15,000 flashed up !!
                  Last edited by Jon Fish; 02-02-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I too was recently offered this Mitgliedsbuch and GPB Urkunde set. I used to own the gentleman's second issue Mitgliedsbuch but have since sold it. Wish I hadn't as I would have definitely bought these to reunite the set.

$15,000 ?

Not true. I've owned at least four in just the last few years. They're definitely out there and relatively easy to acquire if you want one. As for the value, move the comma to the left once and you have a more realistic 'value' ($1500.00). Add around $1000 due to the fact that it's (apparently) an original AH signature and I'd say the seller's asking price is about where it should be; a little high in my opinion, but not unrealistic and definitely affordable.

Rob

Comment

[QUOTE=Rob Johnson;5105528]I too was recently offered this Mitgliedsbuch and GPB Urkunde set. I used to own the gentleman's second issue Mitgliedsbuch but have since sold it. Wish I hadn't as I would have definitely bought these to reunite the set.

Rob, I remember I sold it to you, shame you sold it on likewise so we are both kicking ourselves

Comment

John-

That's right! I completely forgot I bought it from you

Yes, it would have been nice to reunite the grouping, but oh well........ There are plenty of other things to buy

Rob

Comment

well- fair enough.

I reckon there can't be more than @ 100-150 of them about (with the pin certificate) given the wastage over time and the vast number of NSDAP members who dropped out, returned, got purged, expelled etc. etc.. Having one was an instant ticket to a 20 (+ -or worse) year prison sentence in the DDR .
                          Given the cost of original AH wooden desk sets these days, I reckoned it'd be worth that amount.

After all, I couldn't have fathomed 10 years ago a $150 EK2.

Comment

well- fair enough.

I reckon there can't be more than @ 100-150 of them about (with the pin certificate) given the wastage over time and the vast number of NSDAP members who dropped out, returned, got purged, expelled etc. etc.. Having one was an instant ticket to a 20 (+ -or worse) year prison sentence in the DDR .
                            Given the cost of original AH wooden desk sets these days, I reckoned it'd be worth that amount.

After all, I couldn't have fathomed 10 years ago a $150 EK2.

As we know though rarity does not always = value

Comment

Interesting book. I have one from party member 3875 with the join date being May 9,. 1925. It also has an original Schwartz signature but a stamped Hitler signature. The book was issued in 1929. As I understand from the heading of this thread, this one was issued in 1927?
                              Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X