1945 Silver Hitler Coin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1945 Silver Hitler Coin

First, sorry if this is in the wrong category but it seemed to be the best fit. Please move if needed.

I have the following coin and am seeking information on it. I don't belive it is the ones produced in 1989 because I belive it has been in my family before that. Anyone know of it's rarity and aprox worth?

Thanks in advance.

I have had one of these 'AH commemorative coins' for a number of decades; I believe I picked it up in the 1970s at a show somewhere. As I am not familiar with the coin you refer to as being made in 1989, I can't say whether it looks the same or not.

Hope this is helpful.

Br. James

Comment

Definitely post war, and as I recall these were made in the early 80s.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

These are post war made in the 70's. This being the second attempt. The first style had his first name spelled as "Adolph".
        https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

I don't think there ever was a question as to these coins being post-war -- having as they do the date of Hitler's death! -- but when were they made? And I think we now have a handle on the answer to the inquirer's question.

Br. James

Comment

They were made in Italy, real late in the 70s and early 80s.
            They also made medals with Mussolini and few other personalities, however they were not made in silver but silver wash on white metal. Some people had gold plated these medals.
            Chris Obermeyer.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X