SA issued Mauser Hsc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA issued Mauser Hsc

I have a Mauser Hsc that was liberated near the end of WWII. It has a 3 digit serial # 9XX, and very clear markings:
    Eigentum der NSDAP
    S.A. Gruppe Alpenland

I am hoping to find someone who might be able to add to the provenance, and give me an idea about getting an appraisal.
    I will be very grateful for any assistance.

Is it possible to see a sharp image of the engraving? It would be a lot easier to give you some useful information once it can be seen whether the markings match SA markings of other pistols.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

You may want to post in the firearms section also.

Comment

Alpenland

The name "Alpenland" didn't appear as an SA Gruppe until 1938/1939, so that narrows down the era more precisely (1938-1945).

Comment

If I remember correctly (big 'if' there) the SA PPs are thought to have been produced in the 36-38 period, so that would work out. At this point I don't believe any documentation has been found to explain why and for whom these were issued--theories abound, the two most discussed being that the pistols were made for high ranking leaders of the specific groups or that they were made for the groups to use for shooting practice and/or competitions. The majority of the pistols were Walther PP's, but some Sauer 38h are also documented, as well as (I think) and Mauser HSc's, Lugers, etc.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

There would be a problem here as Mauser HSc pistols had six digit serial numbers beginning if I remember at about 700 000 and going into the 900 000 range, before the French took the plant.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X