Opinion(s) requested on this SS Stickpin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion(s) requested on this SS Stickpin

Have had this enameled SS stickpin for many years. It appears that the enamel on the "button" is over a brass or similar material underbody. It is unmarked which has always bothered me. The bin has the knurled center section and the overall length of the piece is just short of two inches. I am certainly not an expert so any help or opinions that I could get from other members would be most appreciated. Many thanks in advance ......
    Attached Files

Couple of closer shots to close.
    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Unfortunately not an original SS Zivilpin.
        Seiler.

Comment

Not good. They have to be maker marked.

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Thanks all, appreciate the information ......

Comment

Dear Kriegsmodell,

Have you looked at the reverse of the SS logo pin attached to the stickpin mounting with a loup to see if you can identify anything like a number or a maker's name on the reverse of the logo pin itself? What I'm suggesting is the possibility that someone had an SS Zivilpin and the knurled stickpin part got broken off; the owner took the SS pin head to his local jeweler and had them attach a new stickpin mounting to the reverse of the SS logo pin head. Just a possibility, of course, but I notice that the head of the stickpin mounting is unevenly attached to the SS logo pin and wonder whether you can see anything with a loup that doesn't show up in the photos? Again, just a thought...

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                Dear Kriegsmodell,

Have you looked at the reverse of the SS logo pin attached to the stickpin mounting with a loup to see if you can identify anything like a number or a maker's name on the reverse of the logo pin itself? What I'm suggesting is the possibility that someone had an SS Zivilpin and the knurled stickpin part got broken off; the owner took the SS pin head to his local jeweler and had them attach a new stickpin mounting to the reverse of the SS logo pin head. Just a possibility, of course, but I notice that the head of the stickpin mounting is unevenly attached to the SS logo pin and wonder whether you can see anything with a loup that doesn't show up in the photos? Again, just a thought...

Br. James
                Still Br. James, when in doubt don't do it!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X