Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sturmabteilung - SA - Identifications

Hello everyone,

I am new here. I would appreciate any guidance on how to go about researching these Identifications. One of these, is actually Stahlhelm though. I would like to know if there is some sort of site/s that might help me find out more about these men.

One, interestingly, has the same name as the homosexual that was involved with General Von Fritsch escapade, accusing him of the same. His name being "Otto Schmidt". I really doubt that it was him though.

I do believe that these are quite authentic. I obtained them from a few different sellers in Poland.

I just think that it would be quite interesting to know more about the individuals. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

I know that sites like these have rules and ways about doing things so if I am doing something out of order, please let me know.

Thank you,
    They are all linked here.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/EdwardOReid/IDS#

What are the names of the polish sellers

Comment

Unless the individuals held high rank, high awards (e.g. Gold Party Badges, Blood Order), or somehow were noteworthy, you would have to research them in the city or town where they were located.
      By the way, I believe the name on the one you referred to is "Otto Schuldt" rather than Otto Schmidt.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Thank you for the responses.

I was able to obtain these via the Polish equivalent of ebay - Allegro. I bought them from two separate sellers and then was able to buy these "off the the site".

My wife is Polish. So she helps with the communication. I am pretty good with navigating the sites there and getting what I want. I deposit the money into the Polish account and she buys the items I want. I find them quite inexpensive.

Thanks

Comment

Here is one of a few threads on Polish eBay sellers currently selling fake IDs, do a search on the paperwork forum and I'm sure I've seen one of yours before.
          I'm sorry but if you got them from Poland they will probably be fake, I have also seen these type on a fleamarket at the Ostbahnhof in Berlin last August, again all fake, the seller couldnt speak German though his Polish was excellent, Sean

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=549737

Comment

Real Deal

Quite sure these are the real deal. I know Poles are known for their "artistic" talents, due to being forced to produce fake documents during wartime. Anyway, I know the ones you are talking about - the SS ones. These SA ones are totally different and rarely pop up. I assure you, I keep my eye out. I have also had these examined on another board by the admin (maybe you saw one there). This guy knew his stuff.

I want to collect as many pf these as possible.

I have viewed other SA I.D.'s and these are in the exact format.

Thanks for the help though.

I know that there are a ton of fakes out there. The SS ones filter here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolandcrane View Post
              Quite sure these are the real deal. I know Poles are known for their "artistic" talents, due to being forced to produce fake documents during wartime. Anyway, I know the ones you are talking about - the SS ones. These SA ones are totally different and rarely pop up. I assure you, I keep my eye out. I have also had these examined on another board by the admin (maybe you saw one there). This guy knew his stuff.

I want to collect as many pf these as possible.

I have viewed other SA I.D.'s and these are in the exact format.

Thanks for the help though.

I know that there are a ton of fakes out there. The SS ones filter here.
              The same polish seller was also selling SA as well as SS ones, IMO an abundance of these says fake, all the best

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X