Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late Style SA Drum Hanger? Please help

guy i do trades with has this....

he has the drum hanger he says is a SA one...along with a East Front medal (no ribbon), and some inert piece of ordnance for $100. Ive gotten a few other great deals from him before, such as a SS Rune marked butter knife, an Eichhorn Army Dagger and a Puma Officers sword....along with a few dozen small pins/badges, all of which ive cross listed on here and all of which that ive bought confirmed to be good/legit examples

what kind of value would you place on this, and is it real?

thanks again!

Edit:
    Found this thread. It looks like the same thing. But how do you spot a fake? Even if it was a fake, whats the value?
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...61#post4992661

Last edited by Dieter122; 12-09-2011, 11:31 AM.

anyone see these before?

Comment

I've seen a good number of them over the years. If the leather belt loop is still attached and in decent condition, IMO it's worth around $125-175.00. Without the loop somewhat less.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
        I've seen a good number of them over the years. If the leather belt loop is still attached and in decent condition, IMO it's worth around $125-175.00. Without the loop somewhat less.
        Erich
        The loop is missing. The condition is as pictured in my photo, so it appears to be in great shape I think.

Worth over 100 bucks probably? Its def a neat looking piece, and I havnt seen one before.

Comment

I like them:
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=557911

Comment

ok..got pics.

I bought the hanger and the small shell for $80.

How did I do, and what do you value them to be?

Comment

Did you get the quarter too?
              I don't know what the shell is worth, but I think you did fine even if the value is minimal.
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
                Did you get the quarter too?
                I don't know what the shell is worth, but I think you did fine even if the value is minimal.
                Erich
                haha no thats my .25

the shell apparently, from what ive found thus far, is a Hotchkiss cannon shell. From the Spanish-American War. Pretty cool, but doesnt fit my collection. Figured it was a bonus, as the $80 for the hanger seems very fair. The more common hangers run $80-130 bucks for pre WWI and WWI style hangers. Hopefully this is worth around $100-150.

excellent, and thanks again for the information and feedback on the items, it is appreciated. Anyone else who has info on these SA hangers, and the value, etc, feel free to chime in, it is appreciated!!!

thanks guys

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X