Not my area of interest so would like to hear all opinions about this set

Comment

Comment

Hi Alex

I dont see enough of the beauties to be sure, but it looks stunning

I hope it proves to be genuine !!

Nick

Comment

Interesting ribbon and ring attachment method.

Here is one with normal attachment set up for comparison...........

Attached Files
          RonR

Comment

Attached Files
            RonR

Comment

Attached Files
              RonR

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Bolotnikov View Post
                Not my area of interest so would like to hear all opinions about this set
                That's an awfully expensive venture into an area that is not of interest to you. This should prove to be an interesting thread, though there might be some discussion of these in earlier thread under search, as well as on some of the GB based militaria forums.

The NSDAP 25 year Long Service was awarded in two variations according to party regulations. For male party members such as the one Ron showed above, as well as one for female party members that I show here. Please excuse the lighting of the photo.

Your brooch mounted 25 year cross is very interesting because of the major modification in the suspension ring in the upper edge. Is yours maker marked? You can see how the ring as been reconfigured to sit parallel with the edge of the medal, rather than perpendicular to it. This would have been a major jeweler modification.

Did your version originally come with the case? Yours has a very interesting history or it is only the second one of these known. Did it come from a noted German dealer?

Comment

Joe, it was thought that the 25 yr award was given to the families of the fallen. Have you seen any info on that?

Comment

Erich, I can't recall off hand, though I remember reading party dictums that the long service awards for those party members KIA should be presented to families.

Alex, this thread http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=25+year provides a very interesting discussion of a modified 25 year LS that I think is yours. I suggested the thread be pinned as it is a valuable tool for collectors in this forum.

I seem to remember another thread some years earlier when I first joined this forum that discussed the 25 years LS and approximate numbers of awards.

Erich, I used the search and found two really early threads including the one I mentioned above that discuss the 25 year NSDAP LS. Some interesting discussion in these threads. The first I found was from 2005 and didn't have much that was of interest but it did provided the link below.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ead.php?t=8124
                    Last edited by JoeW; 11-27-2011, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Beautiful piece. Would go nicely with my cased example.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have this badge in hands but I'll try to get some better pics. Also seller confirmed it's a version for women recipients.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Bolotnikov View Post
                          Unfortunately I don't have this badge in hands but I'll try to get some better pics. Also seller confirmed it's a version for women recipients.
                          So were you considering purchasing the piece and asking for information?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                            ...The NSDAP 25 year Long Service was awarded in two variations according to party regulations. ...
                            ...and four kinds of different ribbon exist for the 25 year LS crosses!

(and also not forget the prototype for 30 and 40 year LS)

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
                              ...and four kinds of different ribbon exist for the 25 year LS crosses!

(and also not forget the prototype for 30 and 40 year LS)
                              Only two prescribed ribbon widths in the Org Book. Are you referring to different weave patterns?

Are the prototypes you mention the ones that Chris A. wrote about on a different forum? At one time he wrote that the award at the beginning of this thread was a prototype.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X