1933 Gau Munich Commemorative Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1933 Gau Munich Commemorative Badge

I have this badge that I'm sure its a good one and was hoping I could get some opinions. Any help would be appreciated.

Nice original example.

Comment

Agree, Its a good one.

Comment

Comment

"1933 Gau Munich Commemorative Badge"

But it is not a 1933 Gau Munich Commemorative Badge:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...9&postcount=48

Uwe

Comment

I believe it started as a Festabzeichen for/on that day, as the newspaper add dated 8-11-1933 says, but sometime after that it was "upgraded" to a commemorative badge...

Comment

Originally posted by Dmv View Post
              I believe it started as a Festabzeichen for/on that day, as the newspaper add dated 8-11-1933 says, but sometime after that it was "upgraded" to a commemorative badge...
              I agree with the above statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmv View Post
                Well theoretically, every badge they created for a celebration was a Festabzeichen, whether it was for the RPT 1929 or the November 1933 celebration in Munich. And a participant in that event could chose to continue to wear the badge at certain times to "commemorate" the event.

But certain events were "upgraded" by decree to be "Commemorative" and given special stature. There is specific documentation of these "upgraded" Festabzeichen. I haven't seen anything for the Munich November 1933 badge yet, but those owners of the badge are certainly entitled to their opinions.

Comment

Dmv:
                  "... but sometime after that it was "upgraded" to a commemorative badge..."
                  ErichS:
                  "I agree with the above statement."

JoeW:
                  "I haven't seen anything for the Munich November 1933 badge yet, but those owners of the badge are certainly entitled to their opinion"

Yes, I'm interested too.

Please "Dmv" and "ErichS", show us contemporary proofs for this statements.

Uwe

Comment

Originally posted by speedytop View Post
                    Dmv:
                    "... but sometime after that it was "upgraded" to a commemorative badge..."
                    ErichS:
                    "I agree with the above statement."

JoeW:
                    "I haven't seen anything for the Munich November 1933 badge yet, but those owners of the badge are certainly entitled to their opinion"

Yes, I'm interested too.

Please "Dmv" and "ErichS", show us contemporary proofs for this statements.

Uwe
                    Uwe, there are photos of the Munich badge being worn after the event on an unofficial basis. I agree that the badge is only a Festival badge but continued to be worn by some of the participants after Nov. 1933.

Comment

Erich,
                      "... worn by some of the participants after Nov. 1933."

Why not, please see my comment in the linked thread (in excerpts):

"It was and is not unusual (if the festival badge is nicely done!), to wear such a Festabzeichen a year or several years later, without or together with the new Festabzeichen for the new year(s). To show, look, I had been here the last year(s) too!."

A picture of later wear is not a proof for an upgraded "Festabzeichen".

To be more precise, it could not be upgraded to a commemorative badge, because it was a commemorative badge.
                      Text in a period book: "Gedenkfeier des 9. November 1923 in München"
                      "Gedenkfeier" = commemoration.

But I think, that this was not meant with "upgraded" by Dmv.
                      Some other badges (Festabzeichen) had been upgraded, for example the Gau Osthannover badge. First a participant badge, later a decoration (Ehrenzeichen, in the group Gauehrenzeichen or Traditions-Gauabzeichen). This upgrade had been done by Hitler, but that happened never for this Munich Festabzeichen 1933.

Uwe

Comment

Uwe- I couldn't agree with you more!

Everybody is free to believe whatever they want. But I only believe when I see it. Some proove please!!

Comment

I would go with Laurens and Uwe on this one--I've got photos of individuals wearing the badge but there's no date on the photos so, at least officially, it seems a badge made for the event that was not upgraded to an award. It doesn't appear on any of the SA Verordnungsblätter as being allowed to be worn after the event (as do the 1929 and 1933 Parteitag badges).
                          Erich
                          Festina lente!

Comment

Bouncing around her on WAF trying to findout information on this photograph I have. It is dated 1934 and there are Allgemeine SS wearing this badge with other badges/medals. Does this help with the question you guys are asking?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X