• Show
Clear All

Gorget

hello

a gorget, i never saw before.

can anyone help me?

best wishes
    Attached Files

This would be a Stahlhelm Bund gorget, late 1920's or so. Essentially it's a stock generic body made with a cartouche for the insignia of the organization.

In this case, it's Stahlhelm. However, the style could have been used by any number of flag bearing organizations. The center oval would be mounted on the cartouche depending on the group. This would have been the cheaper option for a cash poor organization rather than ordering one with a specific design for the organization.

This company stamped the planchet with "Ortsgurppe Glatz" and applied a Stahlhelm insignia to the center. The planchet would have then been fitted it into the back of the centerpiece. In turn the centerpiece would be attached to the gorget.

However, this one seems to turn up. If you google "Stahlhelm Ortsgruppse Glatz Gorget" there are various examples turning up on Ebay and elsewhere. One is complete with chain and one is RZM marked. So, the question is, is it a copy, or did someone find a bunch of these?
    Last edited by paulj; 11-10-2011, 02:24 PM.

Comment

All ortsgroupes had standard bearers....and they wore the gorget. Ive never seen this exact one, but there are many that may turn up in the near future as the old ww2 vets cross over to the other side. Can you show the back ? Many are heading for the show this weekend, so you might not get as many comments today. Looks good to me so far.

Comment

Originally posted by rove View Post
        hello

a gorget, i never saw before.

can anyone help me?

best wishes
        Do you ever google ? Well known fake all over the place.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X