Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS fork, original or fake ??????

HI
    Yesterday I was on a garage-sale and found a fork with ss runes on it. The dealer sold it for 2 euros, is it a bargin? I have never seen a fork look like this, but you never know.

Original or fake?

For 2 Euros you got a bargin, however it's still a reproduction. Sorry.
    John G.

Comment

Fake - but hey, it´s still a practical one.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
        Fake - but hey, it´s still a practical one.
        Hahaha, U got a point

Comment

I checked for this flatware pattern in the two books on this subject by James A. Yannes and nothing exactly like it appears. However, as John said, if you got it for 2 euros, it's still a bargain; I would have done the same! On the other hand, I have single pieces of various patterns of flatware in my collection that have not (as yet) shown up in any published volume on the subject, and that doesn't necessarily mean that they are "fake" -- it just means that each piece may have been a part of a small presentation, such as boxed sets of six or eight cake forks or other specially-made implements, and when such sets get broken up over the decades, they are often judged as fake or reproduction since they represent a minute number of pieces that were ever made. But for2 euros...it was a great buy!

Br. James

Comment

Actually such mentioned presentation sets never existed.

They are inventions of shady dealers - all of them are fake.

Comment

That's quite a strong and all-encompassing statement to make, Thorsten. Recognizing the thousands of gifts of all kinds that were sent to many in the Third Reich leadership from all across Germany and beyond each year for their birthdays or Christmas or NSDAP special occasions, how can anyone make such a black-and-white statement?

Br. James

Comment

Ok - here is the deal:

Just show me one single set of which you think that they are or at least appear to be authentic.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                X