Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS finger ring, named and dated

Hi,

I would love to hear your qualified comments on this ring, IMO it looks good, what procures me are the bit asymmetric runes.

Thanks for your comments!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by m-e-h-t; 10-26-2011, 01:05 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Ring

The inside inscription was NOT done by a Nazi-era engraver, or any other era professional engraver. If a professional did this inscription, he should immediately seek other work. I am not a private-purchase ring expert, but judging by the poor engraving and poor workmanship in general, it's likely a fake ring.

Comment

Wouldn't it be normal for present rings that the insignia could be privat?

Comment

Originally posted by Audi2008 View Post
                Wouldn't it be normal for present rings that the insignia could be privat?
                thats my feeling, too.

Maybe the owner engraved the ring by himself. Who knows.

No one knows this pattern as an original WW2 pattern?

Comment

Ring

First off - I believe you'll get a much better response if you post this on the WA Tony Barto SS Forum. I DO believe that there are original SS rings in this similar style, but I don't think this one is one of those. When I look at the inside inscription on this ring, I visualize someone who would like to make a totenkopfring copy, but is still basically a beginner. Use "SEARCH" on this forum, and you may find examples of original ones. I am NOT a private-purchase ring expert, so we'll wait for confirmation from the SS experts on that forum to chime in. Now - THE BEST COLLECTOR ADVICE YOU'LL HEAR ALL DAY: - When you have to invent scenarios to try to explain why an item doesn't look like you'd expect it to look, you're usually arguing against your own better judgement. This often becomes painfully evident later, when you decide to sell that item.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                  X