Which SS Standarte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which SS Standarte

Hi I'm looking for which SS Standarte was in Neuburg (an der Donau), in Bavaria. My Grandmas Uncle was from a small village near there and he had joined the SS in May 1937 but does not mention which Standarte. Could it have been SS Standarte 29? Any help would be appreciated.

A little more history on him: Joined the SA in 1933 (don't know which standarte or sturm), Joined Allgemeine SS in May 1937, Then in August 1939 received call up papers for service in Waffen SS, Official enlistment date was September 1, 1939. He served with 1.SS Pi.Btl. Totenkopf Division for the duration of the war. Wounded once on February 15, 1942. All the while still a member of the Allgemeine SS. Never being a member of the NSDAP.

Thanks,

Chris

maybe standarte 92."alt bayern"ingolstadt?

Comment

You may well be better off trying the SS forum rather then the political, they have helped me in the past on SS info, Sean

Comment

Hey guys thanks for your help. Ingolstadt maybe right, it is only 41km as the crow flies away from his village. He was from the village of Münster am Lech, just south west of Neuburg (an der Donau)

Thanks,

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X