Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Uniform

Dear all,

this uniform were found. Do you know more about this kind of uniform ?

Thanks,
    Chris

Comment

Looks like a SA brownshirt from the group Südwest. Rank is "Obersturmführer".

According to my information the Standarte 109 was in Karlsruhe.

Where did you find it?

Can you please post some close ups of the collar tabs? Thanks

Comment

With post 1939 insignia

Comment

Is it for sure that the insignia were made post war ? Chris

Comment

Originally posted by christian View Post
            Is it for sure that the insignia were made post war ? Chris
            It is an early shirt with the 1939 pattern insignia. The war ended in 1945.

Comment

The 12mm stripe on each cuff indicates that the shirt's owner entered service in the SA during calendar year 1930.

Nice find,

Br. James

Comment

Shirt

You really need closeup photos of the collar tabs and shoulderboard, to ascertain if the parts are good, and if there's a chance the parts are original to the shirt. Early shirts were worn later also, with later tabs, for example. The Sturmfuhrer rank is incorrect for a shirt with no collar piping, and I can't tell if the collar tabs have twist-cord piping or 2nd pattern enlisted piping. It appears from the photo to be the latter. I can't tell what the shoulderboard looks like - how many rows on it? I wouldn't dismiss this shirt so quickly without closer examination. CLOSE-UP PHOTOS PLEASE, or at least describe those items better.

Comment

Also a closeup photo of the long service stripes on the cuffs--if you can measure the size to make sure they're 12mm wide it would also be helpful. The Tresse looks a little wide but it's hard to tell for certain.
                  Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

Uniform

No more pics???

Comment

Hi. thanks for all your intersting input .-)) Actually i only have the pics already shown, Chris

Comment

In that case no way of stating if it's original applied insignia

Comment

Shirt

Too bad. Judging from what I've seen - 1. Lack of officer collar piping = likely post-war put-together. 2. The fact that a 2nd pattern shoulderboard underlay color matches the collar tab color is often the giveaway of someone who doesn't understand SA regulations. (It's a Cavalry shoulderboard) 3. If it's a 2nd pattern enlisted board, the same thing applies. If it happens to be a 1st pattern Jr. Officer's board, it's RARE if it's real.

Comment

Shirt

I just noticed the LITZE on the rank tab. I agree - Original Post 1938/1939 ENLISTED collar tabs with correct white piping and correct litze. Rank tab gussied-up to look like officer's tab. Shoulderboard is 2nd pattern CAVALRY officer's. Probably added to match the tabs, cause they're both orange. WRONG THEORY. I'm going on a small photo, but this is what I see. The bottom line on the tabs and board is that they're both original, but the rank tab had pips added, basically ruining it. (This is assuming that the tab piping is the standard enlisted rayon type, and not officer's piping). In other words, if the tab piping is actually officer's piping, then the pips are probably original as well. Regardless, the shoulderboard probably doesn't originally go with the tabs + no collar piping = put-together. But some good parts

Comment

I guess it's academic now, but it looks to me like the shoulder board is a 1st style as are the tabs--the rank Litze looks like black/orange/black. It could be an original with the collar piping removed and the tab piping changed from 2 color to silver, or a put together, or ? I'm not remembering if there was an interim period during which the tab piping was changed to silver/alu prior to the new boards being introduced. It would be interesting to see closeup photos of the shirt.
                              Erich
                              Last edited by Erich Benndorff; 10-10-2011, 10:11 AM.
                              Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X