• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armband with white border

Opinions please, real or repro?
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hi BR1,
    i have been out of collecting A/B for several years but to me this one looks O.K ans represents the S.A reserve.

Ashley

Comment

Thanks; I'd just about given up on getting an answer for this one.

Comment

Definately good....technically was also worn by the A-SS Reserve also for a fairly short period....but SA Reserve is "correct".....especially in this "construction". Also, it is a fairly scarce armband....not the rarest but certianly a nice find!
        John G.

Just noticed the "bigred1ne" .......I was 1st MP Co./1st Inf. Div. (68/69 RVN)....so "Danger Forward".....what was your involvement with the 1st Inf. Div. ?

Comment

Sorry for the delay in answering--I was out of the net (or as my wife misunderstod "out of the nest") for a while; went up to West Point for a couple of weeks and just missed the game against Fordham in a blizzard.
          The game was sold out--40,000--but by half time the only people in the stands were the cadets.

I was with 1st Med from '81-'83 at Ft. Riley. Had we served together, you'd have been happy to bring me customers (and I'm sure you had plenty), but probably preferred not to be one of them. I was the division psychologist.

Not long ago I boarded an airplane, placed my ball cap on the middle seat. It had the division insignia on the front and "Big Red One" written on the bill. The guy in the window seat looked at it and slowly said "Big....Red....One. ..........What is that?"

I'm not often speechless, but that guy asked a question I had never heard before and I really didn't know where to start.

"Duty first; no mission too difficult, no sacrifice too great."

Comment

Oh--and thanks for the information about the armband. I spent 8 years in Germany, was a pretty avid collector (mostly blankwaffen) and never saw this armband before.

Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
            X