No announcement yet.

GPB Urkunde bitter sweet story....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had this on my watch list for an eternity. Description just changed, last paragraph has been added:

SS GOLDPARTY BADGE CITATION AND PHOTOS Wonderfull early collection of SS photos and related early SS political items, including his Austrian issued Gold Party badge citation, party member 51,286! Heinrich Weitzendorfer is shown as Hauptsturmfuhrer in 1938/9 dienstalterliste with TK ring. From a brief overveiw of the set it appears the man was an early Austrian Nazi who reached a high rank in the black SS, attending Arolsen officer training school, a spell with the SD, and ultimatly a waffen SS officer with a polizei Battalion engaged in "antipartisan" duties in Poland. In the group comes his wifes Party Book, various letters from him to his wife, and a mail reciept for a letter he sent to the NSDAP Feb 1945!
    There are 59 photos from his very early SA days , SS in 1930/31, jnr officer in early non regulation SS uniform in Austrian std 52, wearing mantel and dagger, field training excercises, barrack photos, early band parades with numberd collar patches, early rzm type helmets decaled and camoed!
    Portrait photos , Mussolini visit, winter in Poland.
    A true early SS Nazi member.

Anything exciting in those letters, Jon ?

Never came across the badges.

Comment

Yes, very nice Jon and this fits well with your interest in the awards of the Kampfzeit. I wish you luck in locating the badges or badge!

Comment

Unfortunatly we will never know the content of the letters as those have been damaged beyond any use. What you see is what is left,the rest is mush.

Comment

Does anyone recognize the large building behind him in the photo? Jon, what info was included about his Waffen SS service with a police unit?

Comment

Only clues on the reverse of the building shot is March 1935 and the studio who developed the pic in Munich. The portrait postcard is dated 1934.

Martin is trawling through his photo archive to see if he has anything on the destroyed items.

Comment

Jon, I would dispute the biography somewhat. I don't think the mis-spelling of his name made a difference, but there is no Heinrich Weitzdoerfer listed in the 1944 Waffen-SS DAL. There is a Rudiger of the same name as Heinrich, wherein may lie the mistake.

in the 1938 DAL Heinrich was assigned to the SS-OA Rhein having been promoted to SS-Hpstf on July 1, 1937. Previous listings show him in the OA Rhein in the 1937 DAL, in the Stab SS Sammelstelle in 1936 and in the SS Sammelstelle in 1935 with a promotion to Obstf on Nov. 9, 1933. He was made an officer (SS-Untersturmfuhrer) on Feb 21, 1932. There is no indication of SD membership in the DALs. Perhaps this was garnered from his Officer file.

The photo in front of the large building dated 1935 and produced in Munich would tie in with his service in the Sammelstelle of the Lebensborn in Munich listed for 1936 and 1935. I was unable to find him in the 1934 DAL, perhaps because he was still in Austria?
              Last edited by JoeW; 09-07-2011, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Soon available at auction !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X