Hitler Plaque, and Early NSDAP Plaque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler Plaque, and Early NSDAP Plaque

Hi Guys! Just added these to my collection a Nice Hitler Plaque that hung in a small hotel lobby and an Early NSDAP Plaque.

I'm not sure about the eagle piece.
    Possibly a reproduction. This was particularly used as a desk piece and I dont see any evidence of the mounting parts.

Mil

Comment

Rebeldevil89,

The M-29 eagle plaque is almost certianly a reproduction......sorry to say. The A.H. plaque is also a style VERY HEAVILY reproduced....but not mounted. IMO the wood plaque is NOT typical German, doesn't have the typical German style hangers (little triangles with "tabs"), and I can't see how the plaque is mounted to the wood....(I'd expect mounting bolts/screws thru the wood into the back of the plaque). The black paint looks like modern "high gloss"- usually period stuff is "flat black"....but this one might still be open to discussion......

Not trying to "rain on your parade".....but I've seen alot of "these" in my time...both good and bad....and you asked for opinions.

John G.
      Mainemilitaria

Comment

See this thread for a comparison to the eagle:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=516808

Regards,
        Kent G.

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for the opinions, but I got these from a Veteran who was in the fighting around Florence Italy and picked these two items up while he was there. He got the Hitler plaque out of a hotel, and the eagle off of a railroad car where it was held up by two metal brackets. If I'm not mistaken the comparison you posted is a desk ornament, or atleast a lot of them were made for that purpose while others like this were made for railroad cars. I didn't pay anything for them, and I don't see why he'd lie to me when I know he was in the fighting in Italy, and brought back a nice helmet, Uniform, rifle, and hat to go with it that I've also posted. Is there any substantial proof y'all can share that shows these items are fake? I would hate to go back to the veteran and tell him he gave me fakes haha.

Comment

i just wish there were ww2 german factory workers still out there who could straighten some of these real vs,. fake forums ..... the problem is ,they are probably worried about being hunted down by the weisenthal center ,and being charged with a war crime ....what a shame ...

Comment

Unless the person who told you those stories was your Grandfather or father and he never lied to you in his hold life....I wouldn't believe it for a minute!

The M29 NSDAP Eagle would NEVER have gone on a Railroad Car and was long obsolete before the war even started (Not to mention the poor quality)! The Hitler Plaque, as I said, might be more acceptible...but if it was part of the "story" with the eagle then I have my doubts!!!

Even loved ones, friends, and some dealers will make stuff up!!!! Never believe the story, only the item and I've already said what I see about them.

No one likes bad news....but you asked!
              John G.

Comment

Thank you for your opinion

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X