SA Insignia and SS Armband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Insignia and SS Armband

Here are a few photos of lot that I purchased from the daughter of a WWII veteran two weeks ago. I have not had time to identify the collar tabs or shoulderboards, so I would be greatful if someone would let me know what I have.

Barry
    Attached Files

--
    Attached Files

Comment

---
      Attached Files

Comment

Moderator, I goofed. Please move this thread to the discussion forum. Thanks!

Comment

The armband is a regular Party one not SS. The paper RZM tag looks wrong to me. I don't think it should have the SS mark. It should look like the tags on the other items. IMO that is.

The bottom pair of tabs are NSDAP party workers tabs at Gau level (maroon piping) for the rank of Haupt-Abschnittsleiter. 4th Pattern 38-45

The black pair are SA Brigadefuhrer I think. Not sure about the top pair or the pink shoulder boards

All the best

James
          Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
          Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
          Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

Comment

The tag is fine on teh armband these are a popular fluke that noone quite understands,the SS tag is completely6 aok on the armband,these are always coming up and why they dont have the black stripes is a mystery,but it is original in every way including the tag.The rest including the pink boards are all SA items,teh only one that is not is the bottom set with gold leaves they are NSDAP political leader tabs.The black tabs are from gruppe Berlin/brandenburg.the top set are either SA OSAF,gruppe staff I believe,or feldernhalle its early and Im cloudy but its one of those,Ill check my book later.
            Last edited by wewelsburg; 06-18-2011, 07:11 AM.

Comment

The top pair is the 1944 pattern for SA Brigadeführer.

Dark set (blue or black) are for an SA Brigadeführer as well.

Boards are for an SA leader between the ranks of Sturmbannführer and Standartenführer.

As Wewelsbg. noted, the armbands with SS labels were brought back by many veterans--why a party armband would be made under an SS contract is unknown but legitimate.

Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

Hello there,

Here's a set of SA boards I have with a similar RZM 21 D series tag present.

William Kramer
                Attached Files
                Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Nice set with a combination of aluminum and celleon cording.
                  Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
                    Nice set with a combination of aluminum and celleon cording.
                    Erich
                    thank you. Can you better identify these for me?

William Kramer

Comment

I also have the same typeI also got from a vet, and the only difference is (except for maybe numbers, is the armband has some white screened writing from the factory on the back also proving it is a sanctioned nsdap band. Mine is mothed too.

Last edited by juoneen; 10-06-2012, 05:18 PM.

Comment

all1knew they look like red cross general

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
                          thank you. Can you better identify these for me?

William Kramer
                          They are 2 right side shoulderboards of the pattern introduced in September 1939 and worn by the SA ranks Oberführer through Obergruppenführer. The grey underlay indicates an SA Foot unit (as opposed to SA HQ, SA Group Staff, SA Jäger/Schützen, etc.). In 1943 the underlay for these ranks was changed to bright red and the various Waffengattung was no longer used).
                          Note that even though the boards are actually both right side examples, it's not unknown that 2 right side boards would be worn on a tunic as, even during the period, most people wouldn't notice the difference.
                          Erich
                          Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
                            They are 2 right side shoulderboards of the pattern introduced in September 1939 and worn by the SA ranks Oberführer through Obergruppenführer. The grey underlay indicates an SA Foot unit (as opposed to SA HQ, SA Group Staff, SA Jäger/Schützen, etc.). In 1943 the underlay for these ranks was changed to bright red and the various Waffengattung was no longer used).
                            Note that even though the boards are actually both right side examples, it's not unknown that 2 right side boards would be worn on a tunic as, even during the period, most people wouldn't notice the difference.
                            Erich
                            thank you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X