X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Order Stickpin?

[ATTACH]1874775[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1874776[/ATTACH]

Somewhere along I picked up this blood order stickpin. Absolutely not my area, I was told probably a fake.
    Thoughts?
    Thanks!
    Greg
    Blood Order Stickpin 001.jpg

Blood Order Stickpin 015.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by aff96 View Post
      I was told probably a fake.

I'd agree, but would like other opinions.

Comment

Hello,

if -and I emphasize if- there should be an original stickpin of that rare order I really would expect a correct ribbon in its miniature size beeing used.

This ribbon used here belonges to a Commemorative Medal of the 13th march 1938 (Austria-Anexion) in my opinion.

I don´t believe in that one here.

Best Regards

Max_Porter

Comment

Originally posted by Max_Porter View Post
          Hello,

if -and I emphasize if- there should be an original stickpin of that rare order I really would expect a correct ribbon in its miniature size beeing used.

This ribbon used here belonges to a Commemorative Medal of the 13th march 1938 (Austria-Anexion) in my opinion.

I don´t believe in that one here.

Best Regards

Max_Porter
          Max is correct that ribbon is does not belong to the Blood Order and I also dont like the FHH device.

Comment

Thanks guys! As expected!
            Appreciate it!
            Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Max_Porter View Post
              This ribbon used here belonges to a Commemorative Medal of the 13th march 1938 (Austria-Annexation) in my opinion.

Agree 100%

Rob

Comment

Also available as a ribbon bar.........

Attached Files
                RonR

Comment

I remember asking a while ago, on another thread, what was the perceived use of a Blood Order Ribbon Bar? Since wearing the BO medal was appropriate for any and all occasions; it came with the pocket rosette ribbon that could be worn without the medal; and the unique wearing of the order on the right uniform pocket made it stand out much more obviously than simply adding another section to one's ribbon bar, why would anyone even consider wearing anything other than the BO medal and/or rosette itself? I don't believe I received any thoughts or responses to my asking this previously, so I thought I'd throw it out again...all opinions welcome!

Br. James

Comment

Br. James,

I share your opinion and believe the above bar is a fantasy piece.

Best regards,
                    RonR

Comment

Thanks Ron. I should also mention that according to "Bänderkatalog Orden & Ehrenzeichen vom 1800-1945" by Rolf Dieter Krischer and Jörg Nimmergut published in 1991, such a ribbon bar did exist, though they do not show it with the FHH device. It is listed in that publication as #3703 & 3704 (for the First and Second Award Issues) as "Ehrenzeichen vom 9. November 1923," and a color illustration is also included as #721 in the book's closing section. But again my question is: why would such a ribbon bar be worn when the award itself, or at least the pocket rosette, was always appropriate for wear? Thanks again,

Br. James

Comment

I posted my example on another thread and I feel that this style ribbon was possibly a tag along item that came with the cased BO. Jon has one like mine that he has posted with posts being attached in a stick pin style.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I forgot to mention that there is no and never was a pin on the reverse of my ribbon so it's not considered a ribbon bar per say. If you look in Niemann's book he shows a cased BO with a ribbon like mine that belonged to Hermann Fobke. Theses items existed IMO but I'm not sure of their purpose.

Comment

Erich,

Yours has the proper ribbon.

Mine has the ribbon as mentioned by Max of the 3/13/38 Flower Medal.......

Attached Files
                            RonR

Comment

Originally posted by RonR View Post
                              Erich,

Yours has the proper ribbon.

Mine has the ribbon as mentioned by Max of the 3/13/38 Flower Medal.......

Yes Ron, the ribbon on my example is original folded BO ribbon.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X