The one that got away!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one that got away!!

DAMNIT!!! just a couple weeks back didnt even SEE this till today,been looking for an NSFK tunic worn,not a mint one FOREVER!!!! AN OFFICER NO LESS and for $950!!!! has pfeifenschnur and everything,having a bad day!!!
    Anyone have a similar experience to make me feel better????

http://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetai...13&lid=9863528

Not really, I'm recovering from major surgery for cancer tho. They had to crack my ribs, & deflate my left lung. It's almost been 2 months and I still hurt!

Sorry you had a bad day.

Cheers
    Brian

Comment

What wasn't meant to be yours ....is just that....but as you can see your supposed feelings of loss is no loss at all, compared to weigerts possibility of loss ...of life......and this uniforms deal flying off (by the way on a shakey site also) is not even close to what weigert is experiencing, as he could use some good thought sent his way by us all to recover throughour combined conciousness. I send you good thoughts for a full recovery weigert , and i think the pain after what you have gone through will subside eventually .
      Even heart patients chests after being cracked open hurt for a long time also. Best wishes to you both, and i wouldn't ever get upset over such a hypothetical losses, and the sooner you realize that the better off you will feel ( about this uniform )..looks like the tabs were added poorly also. Maybe you dodged a bullet, and lets hope weigert does also, and lives for decades in remission. get well soon both of you.

Comment

This was my 2nd call. I lost my led kidney 5 years ago to the exact same cancer. So yes, yes remission!!!!!!

But in all, I'm just glad to be here. There are people out there who have had it worse then me with cancer. The worst I think is children with cancer, I wish it was just an adults disease and I hope some one finds a cure. Too many people have been taken by it. I'm grateful for every day I have.

For everything I miss out on in collecting, something better always seems to be at the end of the road. I know it's kind of frustrating and upsetting. Just think, you have more money in your pocket now for that better item when it comes along. So you really never lose!

Cheers
        Brian
        Last edited by Wiegert; 06-06-2011, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Yes, Brian - All the Best of Health and Healing to You!
          Sincerely,
          Bob

Comment

Yes very well said, Your in my prayers for a full recovery Weigart,I believe in the power of prayer...Its worked for me in many dire situations,Ive also been through alot in my life in many ways.I just got through Hepatitis C medicine regiment which is akin to chemo,Im lucky in that it fully disappeared.Also was diagnosed with prostatitis,been on antibiotics forever now,and symptoms are NO walk in the park let me tell you,but I thank God every day just for being alive and well.
            Your right the uniform was probably shakey.But never saw a middle ranking officer NSFk that was actaually used,the shoulderboard with the unit number is very rare in itself,as well as the whistle chord.As for the tabs they look home sewn,dont see a problem there..but who knows.Thanks guys !

Comment

I add my prayers for Brian and for you, too, wewelsburg. Many of us are now at that time in our lives when there are no "small" inconveniences such as colds, toothaches, body aches of various kinds -- the kinds that kids have and that go away tomorrow on their own -- but now only ones that potentially have death as the antidote. Many of us are in our 50s, 60s, 70s or above and we have been studying and collecting for several decades; that's how we got all of the experiences that we try to share on this forum...but they have come at a great cost, and here I do not refer to missed opportunities such as wewelsburg's and good decisions that led to bad purchases, resulting in fakes being found in our own collections, sometimes many years after purchase. Life as well as collecting comes with a 'cost of doing business.'

For wewelsburg: I'm sure you're keeping close watch on your PSA numbers now, and should the time come when you're faced with a decision involving surgery or implants, I would encourage you to seriously consider complete surgery at the earliest opportunity. A number of those close to me have had prostate cancer and I have had the opportunity of seeing their decision-making in action. The removal of the whole prostate organ seems to me to make the most sense, especially if it can be done as early as possible; that removes most of the chances for recurrence or spread of the cancer cells, and it often obviates the need for chemo or other treatments afterward -- which is another big plus. With 'seeding' it is a hit-and-miss game with no positive way of making sure that all the cancerous areas have been neutralized; then, if the cancer is again detected, it could already be too late for the surgery to have the desired effect. These really are life-and-death issues and it is a blessing that prostate cancer is the slowest-growing of all cancers, giving time for detection and action toward a positive outcome. But too often we choose to ignore the indications and then have to face the problem after it has greatly developed.

Apologies for going on so long, but these really are matters of life and death, and I want to offer any encouragement I can. Collecting is not the only field in which experience can help someone facing a major decision! Blessings, friends,

Br. James

Comment

i'm not trying to be a rude , but i thought this post by wewelsburg was abought missing out on purchasing deals ,not health problems ....

Comment

I think it's about having a little perspective ...

Comment

I agree sjl. We all have our issues. I wish every one a healthy life. Yes it was about a deal falling through, but then again we are alive and the better deal is always down the road. Ya might have to pick up a few stones along to get what your looking for. Butin the end it all works itself out.

Cheers
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by sjl View Post
                      I think it's about having a little perspective ...
                      Well put and my thoughts and prayers to those with major health concerns.

Comment

my thoughts and prayers go out to those with major health concerns and also those with minor health concerns ...lets pray

Comment

Thank God I dont have Prostate cancer,just a chronic infection,but with help of antibiotics ocassionally, it keeps things down.Thanks for good words BR.James.Ive beat Hep C.,so the infection hopefully is just a small milestone.
                          I know teh thread went a little off track,but we all need to be reminded on whats REALLy important.

Comment

Well said brother, well said indeed. I may never have met any of the people on this site, but through the years I have gotten to know a few of you and I am grateful. This site and the people are amazing.

Hearing what some have you been through, makes my issues with cancer seem minor. But the importance of it is we all are here and alive, regardless of what we collect and what have may slipped past our collections.

Cheers
                            Brian

Comment

You're very welcome, wewelsburg. As I understand it, the basic purpose of this forum is to enable those with pertinent information and/or experience to assist those in need of that information...and that goes far beyond the realm of militaria -- much as I love that subject!

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X