Allgemeine SS Standarten Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allgemeine SS Standarten Question

Hi guys, not sure if this is the right place to ask this, just thought Allgemeine SS is more political. I’ve been attempting to figure out which Allgemeine SS Standarten a couple of my Ur-Onkels would have belonged to. I’m wondering if the Standarten they would have belonged to was based on where they lived?

My one Onkel lived in Berlin in the Charlottenburg neighbourhood. So would that mean he would have been in Allgemeine SS Standarten 6? I have a copy of his wedding picture of him in his uniform but I cant see the right collar tab. He joined the Allgemeine SS in October 1933 then left in June 1934. In Berlin he had belonged to SA 24/7 before he joined Allgemeine SS, then after he left the Allgemeine SS, he belonged to SA 5/7.

My other Onkel was from Münster which is in the district of Donau-Ries in Bavaria, which is just north of Augsburg. The only pictures I have of him is in his Waffen-SS uniform. I’m wondering what Allgemeine SS Standarten he would have belonged to? In 1933 he joined the SA but I do not know which Standarten or Sturm. Then on May 1, 1937 he joined the Allgemeine SS. He enlisted into the Waffen-SS on September 6, 1939. In the Waffen-SS he served in the Pioneer Btl from Totenkopf division

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Maybe try to PM Robin Lumsden.
    Regards,
    Wolfslair

Comment

I will try that, thanks.

Chris

Comment

Your also better off moving this to the SS forum IMO

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X