Black RZM Cross Straps - NSKK or ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black RZM Cross Straps - NSKK or ????

I picked up this pair of well marked cross straps.

One is stamped RZM/L2/276/68 on the leather, with B&H RZM M5/717 on the clip.

The other is stamped RZM/L2/2??? on the leather, with RZM UE24 DRGM on the clips.

Both are natural color on the rough side, and black on the smooth side, with a lot of the black coloring faded off. The leather keepers are also natural color.

What organization would these be for?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Most probably NSKK,RAD or NSFK or otherr political branches,could be SS but they are usually marked so.

Comment

Hi
            One is stamped RZM/L2/276/68 on the leather
            it's not "68" but "38", for the year.
            After August 1935, nskk members have to buy black leather.
            Cheers

Comment

My guess would be NSKK (with a home style attempt to dye the brown SA straps black). As noted, most NS organizations wore black or brown straps, so you can take your choice.

Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

Straps

I agree with Erich about the straps originally being brown. With the proliference of black straps (SS, HJ, NSKK) I think that it's less likely that this was period done. Especially since it doesn't even look like dye was used. That looks more like an attempt to make black with shoe polish.

Comment

I agree - it seems like when you dye something with black leather dye, it's black for life. And when I saw these cross-straps with the black finish almost completely faded away, I had visions of those weird Latvian fake uniforms that look like they were placed under sun lamps for a year.

Comment

I thought they looked brown!but you had said faded black so..sometimes camera flash...In any rate you did good,pebbled type are much less common.They are worn with matching pebbled claw buckle.

Comment

That's great because I have such a buckle (somewhere). Can someone point me to a photo of the style of belt that I need?

Comment

This type pebbled same way

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X