Schlageter Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlageter Badge

I'm not a badge guy but when I saw this in hand, I had to have it. The quality and detail of the badge are stunning.
    Attached Files

Very nice Bernie and undervalued IMO.

Comment

Bernie,

Nice badge. I was surprised at how big they are.

Similar to you, I always wanted one after first reading Angolia's "For Fuhrer and Fatherland" many years ago. Mine has the Spartakus bar.

Mike

Comment

Mine is just like yours. Quite massive (large & heavy). Beautiful detail.

Comment

Here's mine which has two bars.
          Attached Files

Comment

That's a beauty Erich. I didn't know they came with 2 bars. They must be rare.

Yes, they are massive with a haunting design. I wanted one after I read Schlageter's story. Very brave man.

It would be nice to see more. Post em if you got em.

Bernie

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie Brule View Post
              That's a beauty Erich. I didn't know they came with 2 bars. They must be rare.

Yes, they are massive with a haunting design. I wanted one after I read Schlageter's story. Very brave man.

It would be nice to see more. Post em if you got em.

Bernie
              Thanks Bernie, you don't see too many with more than one bar. Here's an interesting tinnie that I have as well.
              Attached Files

Comment

Indeed these are beautiful badges; were they awarded by a "Schlageter Society" or some organization that sponsored his memorial? I would imagine that anyone wanting to add more bars to his badge would have had to prove in some way that he was deserving of each addition...? I believe I once saw a photo of a Schlageter Badge with all four bars present; I think it was in an auction catalog and the opening bid was far above what my humble wallet could accommodate!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                  Thanks Bernie, you don't see too many with more than one bar. Here's an interesting tinnie that I have as well.
                  This one came as part of the GPB #66124 grouping into my possession.

Comment

Nice badge. There is a good history of Schlageter and the badge itself in "Deutschland Erwache" by Ulric of England (Bender Pub.)

Best,

James

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                      This one came as part of the GPB #66124 grouping into my possession.
                      Andreas, you picked up the same tinnie as mine along with a GPB?

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                        Andreas, you picked up the same tinnie as mine along with a GPB?
                        That is correct.

Comment

Does anyone have any response or thoughts on the question I raised here yesterday: were the Schlageter Badges awarded by a "Schlageter Society" or some organization that sponsored his memorial? I would imagine that anyone wanting to add more bars to his badge would have had to prove in some way that he was deserving of each addition, so who or what body would such a person contact in order to secure additional bars?

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                            Does anyone have any response or thoughts on the question I raised here yesterday: were the Schlageter Badges awarded by a "Schlageter Society" or some organization that sponsored his memorial? I would imagine that anyone wanting to add more bars to his badge would have had to prove in some way that he was deserving of each addition, so who or what body would such a person contact in order to secure additional bars?

Br. James
                            Hope this answers your question...:-)

http://www.germaniainternational.com/freikorps.html

Comment

Many thanks for your response, Napalm -- that is just what I wanted to know!

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X