GPB - SS Mann ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPB - SS Mann ?

Hi guys, picked this one up at Kassel. Although the enamel has some damage and the pin is period replaced I liked it. The photo that was found with the badge clearly shows the owner with his GPB on lapel.
    As can be seen on the pictures reverse [dont you just love it when you get notations on the reverse! ] he was born in 1912. Underneath is what looks like a membership number but of course not his NSDAP number as he would have been under 100,000. Also his name that is hard to read but maybe we can work it out. Then what I suggest is M.N. - so Mann number 780 362, that looks too me as an SS number. Can anyone verify this number on the lists ? ...or have other ideas?
    Attached Files

Think the needle might be the original one but on a smaller plate?
    Anyway here is the reverse photo details.............
    Attached Files

Comment

It has a lot of character and it's rare to find one attributed to an SSMan. Congrats!

Comment

I can offer nothing to your research, but I can offer you a 'congratulations'!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
          Then what I suggest is M.N. - so Mann number 780 362, that looks too me as an SS number. Can anyone verify this number on the lists ? ...or have other ideas?
          M.N°. (membership number) 780.362

Comment

#54639 is not on my list, which should contain all DAL information. Br. James should verify.

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
              M.N°. (membership number) 780.362
              Exactly, but this cannot be his NSDAP membership number or he would not have been wearing or entitled to the GPB.

Comment

Picture is of Stefan Schachermayr, an early - and late - Austrian Nazi:

http://www.insitu-linz09.at/en/locat...usstrasse.html

Former Gau Inspector of "Oberdonau".
                Last edited by der-hase-fee; 03-20-2011, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                  Exactly, but this cannot be his NSDAP membership number or he would not have been wearing or entitled to the GPB.
                  He could be wearing an honor GPB. Get ready to accept that the two pieces do not belong together.

Comment

Can you tell if he's wearing a Fuess badge in the photo? I have never seen an honor Fuess badge.

Comment

I think Deschler due to the more pronounced oak leaves ,take a look ........
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a Fuess to me due to the floating Swaz.

Comment

Hi friends,

What an interesting find this -- thanks, Jon, for sharing it! I wish I could contribute verification of GPB #54639 but it's not on my list to date, which means that it did not appear in any of the DAL editions. Andreas is right on the money with his decyphering the Sütterlin handwriting and identifying the subject of the photo as an Austrian Nazi with a much higher NSDAP number, and this person's possession of an Honorary GPB is established by Klaus Patzwall's book. I too have never seen a Fuess AH-marked GPB, so Jon's last comment would be the case. Looks like we'll just have to keep watching out for NSDAP #54639 since it didn't belong to Stefan Schachermayr.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                            Hi friends,

What an interesting find this -- thanks, Jon, for sharing it! I wish I could contribute verification of GPB #54639 but it's not on my list to date, which means that it did not appear in any of the DAL editions. Andreas is right on the money with his decyphering the Sütterlin handwriting and identifying the subject of the photo as an Austrian Nazi with a much higher NSDAP number, and this person's possession of an Honorary GPB is established by Klaus Patzwall's book. I too have never seen a Fuess AH-marked GPB, so Jon's last comment would be the case. Looks like we'll just have to keep watching out for NSDAP #54639 since it didn't belong to Stefan Schachermayr.

Br. James
                            Thank you, James, for contributing content from Patzwall's book.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                              It has a lot of character and it's rare to find one attributed to an SSMan. Congrats!
                              Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                              Looks like a Fuess to me due to the floating Swaz.
                              Erich ... !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X