Leadership School Arrow - Ty-Rune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leadership School Arrow - Ty-Rune

Posting ten photos for review. All comments welcome. For your consideration is, what I 'believe' may be, a Leadership school arrow or Ty-rune.  Never seen one before so I've not a clue on the correct size or if there were varying sizes. 
    Attached Files

The reverse is covered in a paper backing.
    Attached Files

Comment

UV related photos taken using both a black & a white backdrop.  First two are the light at about ten inches.
      Attached Files

Comment

From five inches.
        Attached Files

Comment

From two inches. Obviously the reaction increases with proximity. I say “reaction” because I don’t believe I’m seeing this light up like a Christmas tree. Again, I welcome any comments as well as links to other threads that might contain some detail on these insignia. Thanx in advance, Rick
          Attached Files

Comment

Ive heard and through my experience the rule is 10 to 12 inches,any closer and your seeing the light of the bulb reflecting off teh piece.This one has a good chance.Do a burn test on a minute piece of thread.

Comment

Hi RC, I think it has a very good chance, maybe one of the experts could chime in?
              You just don't see these every day, even on the big name dealer sites.
              I'm sure Bob Hritz has one to compare?
              Regards,
              Gary

Comment

Here's one from another thread that was, apparently, affixed to a tab. Bob Hritz seemed to indicate it might be okay.
                Attached Files

Comment

Not getting any feedback here so I'm guessing these are rare 'enough' that not many have had much hands-on with these to have an opinion, one way or the other. Here are a couple of other threads I found.

Peter Manzie's SS Tyr-rune was shown in this thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ne#post3146428

A machine embroidered one was shown here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=tyr+rune

Might anyone know of any threads wherein there are uniforms in collections with one of these on the sleeve?

RC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X