I CONFESS I BOUGHT IT...brownshirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I CONFESS I BOUGHT IT...brownshirt

Ok oK I know,I bought the Hessen brownshirt one of the controversial ones from the bad group of fakes,BUT I got it pretty darn cheap,about the sum of its parts.Main thing that had me worried was the piping.Guess what?? it checks out! Piping is legit,as well as tabs and board.The thread looks german period also.Im not saying it was this way forever chances are slim,BUT as is its a great representation of a super piping color Hessen shirt.Who knows,I mean it is one of 3 with proper insignia.Im happy for waht I got it for and it is pretty.Very small size.If it had been any other color piping,I probably would have passed,well maybe sudwest black/orange.

post more pics and i will tell you if it was originally from Regimentals

Comment

ill tell you the tabs both have same stitching so i doubt it,the left pocket flap is a different shade than the right,and the arms are slightly different than the body.Ill post when I can,I really dont care about originality too much on this one,as far as when parts were applied,all teh parts are ok,and teh price was great so...Ive come to find that it is a big plus if things are ALL original to a uniform,but if you played by that rule only,your collection would fit in a shoe box.I try to have a collection with all original material,and how I see it just about all my stuff is pretty close.But when something comes along like this and its cheap,and pleases me,why not.If it has modern thread,I replace it,and thats ok for me.Of course its unfortunate that all our stuff cant be right off the guys back from 1935 and it sucks,but its teh way it is 70 yrs after this stuff was around.

Comment

I have had that shirt in hand and returned it before the board was replaced, the board and tabs are not original to the shirt. No doubt whatsoever. Your happy with the price, that's good, end of input
        Last edited by luftwaffe blue; 03-11-2011, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Hi,

"the bad group of fakes" whats the story on this ?

Comment

I would like to know more as well. As with anything...if you are happy with it then that is all that matters. We should be happy for fellow collectors when they are very pleased with what they have. If you have pride in your artifact there is no need to apologize to a few haters.

Comment

Originally posted by adlerfan53 View Post
              I would like to know more as well. As with anything...if you are happy with it then that is all that matters. We should be happy for fellow collectors when they are very pleased with what they have. If you have pride in your artifact there is no need to apologize to a few haters.
              Who asked webelsburg to apologize? The thread was his idea, why he chose to apologize is his own reasoning.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X