1933 Gau badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1933 Gau badge

I have had this badge for a while & I believe it is a repro. Due to the pin plate & soft details on the obverse .I would like some more opinions on it.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Attached Files

Sorry, it's a repro IMO. The MM is incorrect on this badge along with the pin attachment.

Comment

I agree with Erich, and I also don't see the umlaut on the "U" in "München" on the reverse -- though that may be because of the angle of the photo and the curve of the wreath...

Br. James

Comment

1933 Gau. badge

Erich , Don’t be sorry as I appreciate & value your opinion , I was sure it was a repro. because of the pin plate , Br. James there is an umlaut over the U, but bad is bad. Thanks for the replies Erich & Br. James.

Mike

Comment

1933 Gau badge

I have been looking for one of these for a while now ..... and I have to confess I dont know enough about what I am looking for in original as most seem to be like the one shown.
          These have obviously been faked to death ...... So what would be an average price to pay for a descent one ?

Regards
          David

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
            I have been looking for one of these for a while now ..... and I have to confess I dont know enough about what I am looking for in original as most seem to be like the one shown.
            These have obviously been faked to death ...... So what would be an average price to pay for a descent one ?

Regards
            David
            Now that it's known this was a Festabzeichen - basically an event badge - I believe its value has suffered. These are being offered at around $200, I'd be more comfortable with half as much.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X